Why can't I use sub float planes?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
mongo
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by mongo »

Thanks for the corrections Irr.. I couldn't quite place it [:)]

That would be the worst thing to me Oleg. Then again, it's a nice way to practice psywar [:D]

"I'm sorry, did you blow something up?"
"Mongo only pawn..in game of life"
Image
Wilhammer
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Out in the Sticks of Rockingham County, North Caro
Contact:

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by Wilhammer »

At the end of the War, the Japanese had a small TF of 2 subs with the hottest and newest super float plane on board to strike Ulithi anchorage.

This strike was on its way when the war ended.

This same group had originally been assembled to strike the Panama Canal pacific locks.

Not certain how effective these might of been, but the planes chosen were designed specifically as strike A/C and not patrol A/C - the first of its kind, IIRC.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/sen_toku.htm

----------------------------

The Japanese were looking at all kinds of unorthodox tactics - they attacked Tinian with suicide paratroopers by crash landing A/C at the base and letting the suicide commandos blow up B-29s.

As a kid, I knew a guy who told me the story about that raid - he was based there at the time, and he said it was very disruptive and effective.

-----------------------------

In game terms, these raids would not mean much. But they would be fun!
panda124c
Posts: 1517
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Houston, TX, USA

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by panda124c »

ORIGINAL: witpit

he he....I know about that scheme to blow up (or at least block) the canal....J Edgar Hoover probably whould have thwarted it...what with all of those american student/spies studying up in Sapporo who were stuck there during the entire war

[>:]
Hey wasn't it Bogart that stopped that raid? [:D]
User avatar
Platoonist
Posts: 3042
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 4:53 am
Location: Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by Platoonist »

Never mind the Panama Canal. Bomb Oregon some more.[:D] There is a trail you can follow up to the only spot where the continental U.S. got bombed by aircraft in WW2.. But's it's one helluva hike.

Image
Image
User avatar
DrewMatrix
Posts: 1429
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:49 pm

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by DrewMatrix »

is a trail you can follow up to the only spot where the continental U.S. got bombed by aircraft in WW2.. But's it's one helluva hike.

The Japanese High Command had this clever plan to bomb the US only in places the US would never notice.

MUAHAHAHAHA
Image
Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.
markbroughton
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by markbroughton »

Never mind submarine launched float planes, I want to know when japanese fire ballons are going to be included.[:)]

http://www.vectorsite.net/avfusen.html
User avatar
DrewMatrix
Posts: 1429
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:49 pm

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by DrewMatrix »

I want those dogs that bark in Morse Code to Japanese sub hidden just off the beach in the fog bank.
Image
Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Why can't I use sub float planes?

Post by anarchyintheuk »

ORIGINAL: markbroughton

Never mind submarine launched float planes, I want to know when japanese fire ballons are going to be included.[:)]

http://www.vectorsite.net/avfusen.html

No kidding. They killed more americans than shindens ever did.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”