aviation support expansion

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
robert_emmers
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:00 am

aviation support expansion

Post by robert_emmers »

The way I read the manual (which I don't have with me to cite details) is that one aviation support unit at a base will take on extra replacements to match the expanding level of the base, given enough supply etc. I have four aviation support units at a base NW of Hollandia (can't remember the name) with what appears to be anough supply and within the command radius of both 6th Army and 5th Air Force. However, none of them is taking on the extra replacements to expand. Is there something else that's supposed to trigger this?
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by Mr.Frag »

Nope, Computer player only. [;)]
robert_emmers
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:00 am

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by robert_emmers »

Doh. That explains it. Thanks much.
User avatar
foliveti
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:24 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by foliveti »

I read it that way iniitially as well, but if after rereading it a number of times, I finally noticed that the section of the rules started out by saying that "for the computer player".
Frank
robert_emmers
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:00 am

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by robert_emmers »

Yeah, I went back and I see that now. It was a nice thought, tho.
SeaJunk
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:52 pm
Location: CA, USA

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by SeaJunk »

So are there any tips on what a human player should do?
It seems a bit unfair that we have to ship in multiple units to accomplish the same task that a computer player only needs one unit for.

Thanks
SJ
UncleBuck
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:35 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by UncleBuck »

I would like to see a Human player get that option to expand a base force (aviation support) if it is in the same hex with a AF HQ. It makes sense. It is not to much of an advantage. It would allow for the AF HQ being the clearing house for all replacements to Aviation Units. It could be a slow build up but it should build up.

UB
Image
User avatar
DrewMatrix
Posts: 1429
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:49 pm

RE: aviation support expansion

Post by DrewMatrix »

So are there any tips on what a human player should do?
It seems a bit unfair

Ship in multiple units, just like you said[:)]

Which side are you playing? At least for the Allies (I haven't played the Japanese yet) there are lots of large Air Support units you will get eventually. By June/July 1942 they are starting to appear. In the mean time start developing the bases with the smaller units you have got, and put multiple units at those bases where you need lots of air support (choose wisely).

Eng units rescued from PI and DEI are useful for this.
Image
Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”