Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
For those of you whom are living in or around Melb I am planning a gathering for lunch and drinks at a pub to be decided for a Saturday in Mid November. At last count there are about 10 of us and I thought that it would be a good idea to get together and have a few beers to bullshit to each other. In the early days of UV we did this and a well known pub in St Kilda, and had a great time.
If you are interested post you name on this thread or PM me. Ideas for a pub would be good....must have good food, good beer and good views and be central.
P.S. I know that Drongo will be there, the brash loud and outspoken WiTP tester.
If you are interested post you name on this thread or PM me. Ideas for a pub would be good....must have good food, good beer and good views and be central.
P.S. I know that Drongo will be there, the brash loud and outspoken WiTP tester.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
ORIGINAL: Raverdave
P.S. I know that Drongo will be there, the brash loud and outspoken WiTP tester.
And this is supposed to encourage participation??? [:'(]
Have no fear,
drink more beer.
drink more beer.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
Yeah, I'm gona use you as the human Piñata............got have a draw card.[;)]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
How does Saturday 13th of November sound?

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
All I nead is around 2 grand and I can make it, of course half of that is postage on a very large box with an oxygen bottle and a blanket in it[:)]

SCW Beta Support Team
Beta Team Member for:
WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE
Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
I'll have a nice cold beer waiting for you.[;)]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
ORIGINAL: Brady
All I nead is around 2 grand and I can make it, of course half of that is postage on a very large box with an oxygen bottle and a blanket in it[:)]
Better get someone else to address it. We don't want you to end up in Austria.
Have no fear,
drink more beer.
drink more beer.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
lol[:)]

SCW Beta Support Team
Beta Team Member for:
WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE
Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
There may be some benefit to it. You guys could teach him to spell properly. I hear there have been quite a few epiphanies that have been had in pubs. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
LOL, some guy in the States did send himself somewhere in a crate. Been a while since it happened. He brazenly punched his way out of the crate at destination and tried to walk off. Turns out he was on probation in his home state and didnt like to much the police attention he got for his stunt.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
i'd like to wobble along if thats ok ..ta
Paul
Paul
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
No worries, be glad to have you along.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- SpitfireIX
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:19 am
- Location: Fort Wayne IN USA
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
ORIGINAL: Brady
All I nead is around 2 grand and I can make it, of course half of that is postage on a very large box with an oxygen bottle and a blanket in it[:)]
You'll need more than one O2 bottle if you're flying from the US. Also, just one blanket won't stop you from freezing. What you really need is to bribe another passenger to check a pet as baggage--when you do that, they pressurize and heat the cargo compartment. [;)]
"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."
--Benny Sablan, crewman, USS Enterprise 12/7/41
--Benny Sablan, crewman, USS Enterprise 12/7/41
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
Bump.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
Ok guys.........this is coming up THIS Saturday 13th. I guess that the most central place to meet is at St Kilda at the Esplanade Hotel. Be there for 12:30 and have lunch and a few beers.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
I wonder what if other people at the hotel will notice you guys?[X(] What is it about wargamers? Something very obvious about us, like an underlying geekiness or something, no matter what the build. Raver's got the classic look. An obvious appreciation for the beer, kind of a Woodstock hippy thing going, rugby jersey. Probably going to be quite the conversation. WITP, Rugby, WITP, Melbourne Bombers, Jolene Blalock, Anzacs, "Look at the guns on that bint!", WITP...... Behave guys and knock a few back for me. Considering my tippling habits we'll probably be having a beer at exactly the same time anyway.[:D]


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
Why couldn't you guys do this when I was living in Melbourne a couple of years ago. Shame on you for not informing me of UV back then. [:(]
Instead, I get the delights of Slough, and yes, its as bad as it sounds.
No offense to anybody on here from Slough, but compared to Melbourne...... I'll spend the rest of the afternoon depressed now.
Instead, I get the delights of Slough, and yes, its as bad as it sounds.
No offense to anybody on here from Slough, but compared to Melbourne...... I'll spend the rest of the afternoon depressed now.
---------------------
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Tora! Tora! Tora!
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
If Drongo passes out dead drunk....can you please put a lampshade on his head and snap a photo for rampant distribution?
thx
[:D]
thx
[:D]
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
The RSVPs are flowing in thick and fast ! Andrew Brown has given the nod and of course the star attraction of the day, the incredible, almost famous WiTP Beta tester........drum roll............Drongo ! Has said that he will indeed be attending.
Photos of the day will be posted on this board.
Photos of the day will be posted on this board.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*
ORIGINAL: Raverdave
The RSVPs are flowing in thick and fast ! Andrew Brown has given the nod and of course the star attraction of the day, the incredible, almost famous WiTP Beta tester........drum roll............Drongo ! Has said that he will indeed be attending.
Photos of the day will be posted on this board.
NO! Not photos! Let us live in blissful ignorance...

Twinkle twinkle PBY
Seeking Kido Bu-tai
Flying o' the sea so high
An ill-omen in the sky
Twinkle twinkle PBY
Pointing out who's next to fry








