SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
magresh
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Los Angeles, California

SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by magresh »

I received my SPWAW Generals Edition today. The disk is blank. Do you want me to send you my order number. If so, how do I send it to you without putting it in the forum. Thank you.
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by Marc von Martial »

Please email to

support@matrixgames.com

Please quote your order number, we will of course arrange a reshipment.

Sorry for the problems.
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by RBWhite »

You folks need help and quick[>:]
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: RBWhite

You folks need help and quick[>:]

Blanks or Bads happen in mass production. My "Halflife Generation" collection, bought last year, had 3 blanks.
magresh
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Los Angeles, California

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by magresh »

Thanks for the quick response. And on a Saturday morning. I have received confirmation of a new disc being sent.

To those who have stuff happen and want to blame the companies involved let me say this. They are working with us, and making comments about their lack of attention or poor performance is to be a little unappreciative of one simple fact. That they are there in the first place. When games came out in the early ninties they had problems that there was no fix for, no patches, nothing. The games then worked well because the number of lines of code were relatively small, manageable and readable by a single individual so that errors could be found a lot faster. A few thousand lines of code or ten thousands of lines of code is a lot diffferent from the millions of lines of code involved today.

I work as a visual effects artist for a motion picture post production house. Every one of the ten or more programs we use crashes frequently, has bugs that slow us down, features that don't work and support that is negligible, slow and sometimes non-existant. And these are programs costing thousands of dollars.

The complexity of the programs today that we enjoy so much have a price. The price is that when we buy a super involved, complicated, grand, global, intricately detailed
game, we all become playtesters to sort out troubles. Hundreds of beta testers will not find every thing because they will not do everything that there is to do in games of these sizes. And as far as price, I paid 49.95 for War in Russia in 1991 when I made one third of what I make now. I don't get to act like I own Matrixgames and that they now have to jump when I demand because I bought a game from them that I want to play.


LIGHTEN UP. We are all in this together.
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by RBWhite »

I have since 1985 purchased over 400 games and simulations that I still have and use. I've never received a blank 5 1/4, 3 1/2 or CD. I have received bad disks.

Thats like not proof reading an article or book before you put it into print.

Regards,

Rick White
User avatar
JeF
Posts: 1162
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:23 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by JeF »

ORIGINAL: RBWhite
I have since 1985 purchased over 400 games and simulations that I still have and use. I've never received a blank 5 1/4, 3 1/2 or CD. I have received bad disks.

Thats like not proof reading an article or book before you put it into print.

Wrong analogy. It would be correct if all discs were blanks or faulty. This would mean that the master used for replication is faulty (or blank). Of course, nobody releases software (or anything) to mass production before careful review.

To use your analogy, checking every disc produced would be like proof reading *every* books. Which is not practical. Wrongly printed books happen all the time as well.

Regards,

JFrL_
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by RBWhite »

Amazingly it only took 5 days to find someone to respond.

The thread was not intended for your responce.

silence is golden, for some.

Just too make a point, you used the word *every*, is that a quote? If that is what you attempted it would look like this "every".

As you could plainly see from my thread I never used the word, every, your word, not mine.

Proof read.

I have seen misspelled words and extra pages added that were blank in articles and books which would be similar too a bad disk but I have never heard of or seen an article or a bound book of all blank pages. A novelty yes.

Your use of the term of "practical" (see thats how its done), what does that have to with Quality Control and Professionalism.

Taking into account the pricing for Matrix games they can do alot better all around.

Don't just play games.

Best Regards & Happy Trails to you.

Rick White
philalne
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:16 pm

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by philalne »

Well Rick,

Nice to see you're, "making friends and influencing people." If you're the Rick White I worked with, you should know better then posting such a abrasive message.

A blank disc....big deal......


I hope you're doing well.

Regards,


Phil
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SPWAW Generals Edition blank disc

Post by RBWhite »

Don't know ya.

Never have.
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”