ONLY!!! OOB Comments/Suggestions for Patch 1.4

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
pry
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:19 am
Location: Overlooking Galveston Bay, Texas

RE: More Australian ships incorrectly listed in the database.

Post by pry »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Surprised the OOB corrections I sent ya (pry) did not make the list of 1.4 adjustments. Awful lot of ships left out and incorrect entry dates left in.[:(]

lots of things did not make 1.4 that we were planning to do...

The decision to release the patch came real quick and Rich and I got caught off guard, we thought we had more time, I was spending most of my available time the last few weeks working on the leader issue instead of the data base... This surprised us both.
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: More Australian ships incorrectly listed in the database.

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: pry
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Surprised the OOB corrections I sent ya (pry) did not make the list of 1.4 adjustments. Awful lot of ships left out and incorrect entry dates left in.[:(]

lots of things did not make 1.4 that we were planning to do...

The decision to release the patch came real quick and Rich and I got caught off guard, we thought we had more time, I was spending most of my available time the last few weeks working on the leader issue instead of the data base... This surprised us both.

Caught us by surprise too, considering the "rumour" mill. Figured it was that and less with my recent unpopularity among the Matrix crowd.

Regarding "runour" surrounding leaders. No visibl;e signs of leader issues in either a 1.3 stock game I've got going or with the Lemurs 4.0. AND...I've managed to all but fix my scen build. Only one leader shift to go. As to whatis causing it is REALLY difficult to isolate. Man, this is like ironing checked tablecloths for a living. Starting to see spots, letters and numbers.[X(]
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Andy Mac
Posts: 12578
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: Alexandria, Scotland

RE: ONLY!!! OOB Comments/Suggestions for Patch 1.4

Post by Andy Mac »

OK a couple of small points.

1. Valentine III and Matilda what exactly is the point of these tanks in the game seem to be a waste of space.

If they actually were used at any level we probably need a couple of Sqn sized units as they would have been attached to Inf Divison to support attacks.

I think the Australian Army Units are represented but equipped with Grants and actually I am fairly sure the Indian/UK ORBAT with the required fudge for 7th Armoured is probably correct as well so I would just remove them and save a few slots.

Alternatively give the allied player a few 20 Tank 40 Motorised Support Units in mid 43 to use as attached Infantry Support Armour in India/ Australia to reflect Army tank suort for Infantry formations.As these tanks were obselete in every other theatre I dont get to excited about it.

I would be more inclined to take them out as they seem to serve little purpose.

2. Shoudnt the UK Inf Divisions have a Squadron or Regimental sized Reconnasaince/ Cavalry Gp.

(I would be inclined to stick at Sqn sized as even UK Divisins were on short establishment in India so say 16 - 20 Armoured Cars probably)

3. OK now for the big one as I have commented many times in various threads I think Indian / CW ORBAT is wrong in replacement terms.

I am now offering a concrete proposal to be shot down.

1. Indian Forces As is now except a new Infantry Upgrade becomes available 1/43 at 40 Squads at the same stats as the 12/41 upgrade i.e. we double the replacements of the earlier TOE from 1/43 but no change to fighting ability. (this reflects a lessening of requirement for replacements being drawn off to ME or Near East after Stalingrad El Alamein/ Tunis)

2. CW Forces the 12/41 replacement is cut to 10 as given who these brigades are supposed to represent 40 is waay to high.

Put in a 6/43 upgrade at 3 or 4 Armoured Attack points less than the Indian 12/41 squad i.e. to represent improved equipment and the arrival of Nigerian Gold Coast etc regiments into India (These were typicaly of lesser TOE especially in heavy equipment but were not of pre war standard as is reflected in ratings in system now) Have these replacements set to 30 not forgetting that many of these regiments are battle hardened having fought in Abyssinia and Eritrea / Somaliland.

3. British I think British replacements are to high the British Divisoins are supposed to be the most fragile of the Allied forces in the Far East. Compared to Indian formations they are getting to many replacements. (I am certain some of this reflects re training of existing UK Support troops in Theatre to an Infantry role as the Indian Army expands)

So I would set UK 12/41 replacements to 25 but as the 12/43 upgrade is really an equipment upgrade I would keep that at 40 squads.
User avatar
Herrbear
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Glendora, CA

RE: ONLY!!! OOB Comments/Suggestions for Patch 1.4

Post by Herrbear »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

[Yep. Don Bowen pointed this out and is a minelayer in our scen we are doing.

Do you have any specs on the ship? How many mines did it carry? Thanks.
User avatar
pry
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 7:19 am
Location: Overlooking Galveston Bay, Texas

RE: ONLY!!! OOB Comments/Suggestions for Patch 1.4

Post by pry »

Data Collected Thread now closing...
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”