Video Files

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
mamnich24
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:01 am

Video Files

Post by mamnich24 »

Dear Guys,
I see video and music files play at campaign startups. Where are these video files (what folder) in the SPWAW directory? Are they the rec files? I can't open them.
If I do not have the SP3 cd, are there video files that play at the end of battles, etc./ Where are these?
Thanks,
Mike

Also, see next post.
mamnich24
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:01 am

RE: Video Files

Post by mamnich24 »

Second Question:
When I try to click on the rec Real One recordings they won't play on my real one player. It says it needed to update settings so I did, but now it says it is unable to play the files.
How can I play the rec video files in the campaign folder outside of the game?
Thanks,
Mike
User avatar
IBTyrone
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:51 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

RE: Video Files

Post by IBTyrone »

ORIGINAL: mamnich

Dear Guys,
I see video and music files play at campaign startups. Where are these video files (what folder) in the SPWAW directory? Are they the rec files? I can't open them.
If I do not have the SP3 cd, are there video files that play at the end of battles, etc./ Where are these?
Thanks,
Mike

Also, see next post.

Hi Mike.

I'm no genius on these matters, but since no one else has weighed in, I'll offer some answers.

The video files are in smacker format and can be viewed using RAD video tools from RAD Game Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/). The .smk video files are located in the stream directory under the SND folder.

I don't know squat about SP3. [&:] Sorry, can't help you there.
User avatar
IBTyrone
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:51 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

RE: Video Files

Post by IBTyrone »

ORIGINAL: mamnich

Second Question:
When I try to click on the rec Real One recordings they won't play on my real one player. It says it needed to update settings so I did, but now it says it is unable to play the files.
How can I play the rec video files in the campaign folder outside of the game?
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike. The .rec files aren't Real One recordings. They are game recordings specific to SPWAW and as far as I know, can't be viewed outside the recording playback function within the game itself. Good questions.
Voriax
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland

RE: Video Files

Post by Voriax »

The movie files reside in \snd\stream subdirectory and they are smacker files. I think you can get a free smacker viewer if you do some googling..I used to have one but deleted it a while ago.

Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”