ORIGINAL: Bradley7735
Let me put it this way:
If I don't lose any of the 6 prewar CV's, by June 43 I should have: Lex1, Sara, York 1, Enterprise, Hornet1, Wasp1, Essex, Lex2, York2 and Bunkerhill. That's 10 CV's by June 43 (historical).
in WITP, I'd have 8 (6 prewar, essex and bunkerhill). A good allied player who doesn't lose any of his prewar CV's gets screwed in June 43 by two CV's.
Bradely
No, you are incorrect. In Witp you would still have ten, ( 6 pre-war, Essex, Bunker Hill, Intrepid, Hancock ) 2by3 has pushed up arrivals of Intrepid and Hancock to roughly coincide with historic Lex2 and York2
By 12/43, its even worse. Assume no CV losses for the allied player. I'd have the 10 from above plus Intrepid, Hornet2 and Wasp2 (that's 13 CV's).
First neither Hornet2 or Wasp3 were operational by 12/43. You are confusing commision dates with operational dates again. Commisioned date is just when the ship is ready to leave the ship yard. Its still 3-5 months way from being operational. The intrepid in theory became operational the last few days of 43 on the east coast but for all practical purposes wasnt available until early 44. Regardless the game also pushes up the arrival dates of Hancock, Randolph, Ticonderoga, Bennington, Bon Home Richard, Antietem and Shangrila. So you still get the historic 7 new Essex in 1944 regardless of pre-war CV losses.
In WITP, I'd have 10 (6 prewar, essex, intrepid, bunkerhill and Franklin) I'm now screwed by 3 CV's in late 43.
No you dont get screwed. There were 4 Essex CVs completed in time to be operational in 1943 historically and there are 4 Essex CVs available in 1943 in the game regardless of pre-war CV losses. There were 7 Essex that became operational in 1944 historically and there are 7 Essex Cv that become available in the game.
The model does not reward good play to the allied player. It does the opposite in that Japan faces fewer CV's if they are unsuccessful in sinking CV's in 42.
How do you figure? If I as a Japan player sink all 6 pre-war CVs in the first 6 months of the war. I will end up faceing 10[X(] Essex CV in 1943. And I still will have to face 7 additional Essex that become available in 44. The Japan player will NEVER have to face in 43/44 fewer CVs than historical under any circumstances in the game.