How do you stay organized?
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: How do you stay organized?
Well, I'm still on December 8, and am taking everyone's advice and going slow. I've spent the better part of 3-4 hours getting familiar with my forces. Playing Scenario 2 was a big help in coming to grips with the DEI and PI (Having played UV a bit, I didn't get to see these areas).
I guess I'm starting to develop what could be a system. I've broken things into theaters - Central Pacific, Malaya/DEI, and the USA. (For the moment, Alaska seems to be quiet, so I'm ignoring it). I started by getting Pearl in order. Setting up some ASW TF's, getting my carriers to safety (not very safe - I have them lingering south of Wake). I then moved on to the DEI/Malaya. Started getting supplies from India to that theater, figuring out where to "draw the line." I then moved to the U.S. Again, started getting supply TF's together. Figure I'm going to unload them at Pearl and simultaneously have that as a meeting point for my AKs (I wonder how much a human opponent would clobber me there in a PBEM?).
The "plan," as it were, is a problem. Not knowing how the strength of the Japanese will play out, I'm not certain as to where to focus my troops. From the Rising Sun scenario, I figure the northern islands are history - borneo, Sumatra, Celebes, and the PI. I only got into January 1942, but my guess is history is a pretty good teacher - trying to get forces into the Philippines is a lost cause and I should probably do the best I can to keep the troops there supplied to the best of my ability, and call it a loss.
How about Java? Is trying to hold Batavia southward too much? I sure don't have the PP's at this point to get any forces transferred there until February at the earliest it seems. Amboina a possibility? The mind reels . . .
Should I even attempt to hold Wake? Rangoon seems defensible, but should I pipe more forces into Singapore if I get the chance? I know it will fall eventually, but I can't bring myself to just giving it up.
I'm waiting for a smug "welcome to my world" from a would-be CinC out there[:D]
Who says a strategy guide would be of no use?
I guess I'm starting to develop what could be a system. I've broken things into theaters - Central Pacific, Malaya/DEI, and the USA. (For the moment, Alaska seems to be quiet, so I'm ignoring it). I started by getting Pearl in order. Setting up some ASW TF's, getting my carriers to safety (not very safe - I have them lingering south of Wake). I then moved on to the DEI/Malaya. Started getting supplies from India to that theater, figuring out where to "draw the line." I then moved to the U.S. Again, started getting supply TF's together. Figure I'm going to unload them at Pearl and simultaneously have that as a meeting point for my AKs (I wonder how much a human opponent would clobber me there in a PBEM?).
The "plan," as it were, is a problem. Not knowing how the strength of the Japanese will play out, I'm not certain as to where to focus my troops. From the Rising Sun scenario, I figure the northern islands are history - borneo, Sumatra, Celebes, and the PI. I only got into January 1942, but my guess is history is a pretty good teacher - trying to get forces into the Philippines is a lost cause and I should probably do the best I can to keep the troops there supplied to the best of my ability, and call it a loss.
How about Java? Is trying to hold Batavia southward too much? I sure don't have the PP's at this point to get any forces transferred there until February at the earliest it seems. Amboina a possibility? The mind reels . . .
Should I even attempt to hold Wake? Rangoon seems defensible, but should I pipe more forces into Singapore if I get the chance? I know it will fall eventually, but I can't bring myself to just giving it up.
I'm waiting for a smug "welcome to my world" from a would-be CinC out there[:D]
Who says a strategy guide would be of no use?
RE: How do you stay organized?
ORIGINAL: Crimguy
How about Java? Is trying to hold Batavia southward too much? I sure don't have the PP's at this point to get any forces transferred there until February at the earliest it seems. Amboina a possibility? The mind reels . . .
I'm waiting for a smug "welcome to my world" from a would-be CinC out there[:D]
Ok, I'll bite. [:)] You'll probably get a variety of "yes" and "no" answers on questions like this, but I think some DEI areas are worth hanging onto for at least a little while. Palembang produces oil. Lots of it. Resources, too. Java is small, compact, has a great road/rail net, and two good ports, plus Tjilitjap on the Indian Ocean side. I wouldn't give it up until you're forced to. Also, Sabang, although initially ungarrisoned, has a fairly expandable airfield. It's within transport range of several strategic places, such as Singapore.
On the other hand, some places (Menado) are just too far flung to die for. If you don't mind spending the political points, you can try to evacuate some of those garrisons to bases that are easier to defend. It may just be a matter of time until the DEI falls, but I try to make as much of that time as I can.
Just my 2 cents.[:)]

- von Murrin
- Posts: 1611
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: That from which there is no escape.
RE: How do you stay organized?
I just play as I go, reacting and acting depending upon what the AI or player does. I also keep the whole game in my head because I'm a freak.[:D]
I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!
RE: How do you stay organized?
YOu too huh?
If I haven't played in about a week, I look at the map and say one of two things: "What the Hell is this doing here." or "WTF was I thinking."
If I haven't played in about a week, I look at the map and say one of two things: "What the Hell is this doing here." or "WTF was I thinking."
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: How do you stay organized?
Yeah, I'm confused on a turn-by-turn basis, but can't see myself writing anything down.
- von Murrin
- Posts: 1611
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: That from which there is no escape.
RE: How do you stay organized?
LMAO
I owned and played the VG version of Pacific War. I used to keep THAT in my head, so this isn't so bad.[:D]
I owned and played the VG version of Pacific War. I used to keep THAT in my head, so this isn't so bad.[:D]
I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!
RE: How do you stay organized?
Works spreadsheet
every land unit there...organized by
type
name
HQ attachment
assault value
aviation support value
location (where the unit is)
objective (which objetive the unit is planned for)
Ops Theater (Burma,Malaya,Philippines,Borneo,NEI,Australia,Solomon,Defense Perimeter)
with adequate filters you can get eveything
which units are planned for the PortMoresby invasion
filter Objective=PortMoresby
which engineer units are available?
filter Objective=<blank> type=ENG
which units are located in Rabaul?
filter location=Rabaul
every land unit there...organized by
type
name
HQ attachment
assault value
aviation support value
location (where the unit is)
objective (which objetive the unit is planned for)
Ops Theater (Burma,Malaya,Philippines,Borneo,NEI,Australia,Solomon,Defense Perimeter)
with adequate filters you can get eveything
which units are planned for the PortMoresby invasion
filter Objective=PortMoresby
which engineer units are available?
filter Objective=<blank> type=ENG
which units are located in Rabaul?
filter location=Rabaul
- Kwik E Mart
- Posts: 2447
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm
RE: How do you stay organized?
notebooks? spreadsheets? you mean there's more than scrolling around the map for 20 minutes looking for something you might have missed in the first 45 minutes of aimless scrolling? how's this for organization....set a timer for 30 minutes - click the end turn button after the timer goes off or you are just about blind, which ever comes first...or you can take the anal retentive chef approach and check each base alphabetically (dam, i'm getting a headache just thinking about that)[X(]


- Attachments
-
- PhHa-Eugene.jpg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

RE: How do you stay organized?
Plus whet ever else you do get Bodi's WITPUTILIY will make your day for keeping track
and it just gets better
Cobra Aus
and it just gets better
Cobra Aus
Coral Sea Battle = My Birthday
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: How do you stay organized?
Does Bodhi's utility work with Andrew's map?
In the SRA (southern resource area - the main target for the Japanese) you are not going to be able to hold on, so the idea is to make the Japanese expansion as costly as possible for the Japanese. I like to consolidate my forces into the locations that matter (Balikpapan, Palembang, Batavia, Soerabaja, Clark Field, Manila, Tarakan, Kuching, Koepang). I withdraw the smaller base foces and garrison from many of the lesser, more vulnerable bases and send them to the fortress locations. A few I will use to start to build up Port Moresby and Milne Bay. Once I have pulled the smaller base forces into Manila, I like to send the PAF Aviation unit to Cooktown, which is where I like to send the SWPAC HQ unit. My reasoning is that since MacArthur is both USAFFE and SWPAC, he's getting out of the Philippines no matter waht I do. By sending the PAW Aviation to Oz, I am at least saving a few Filipinos, who deserve some break for being our sacrificial lamb.
I have found that Bataan isn't worth trying to defend. The game system has Manila as an urban center, with a higher defense bonus than the forested Bataan Peninsula. As well, the Bataan CD unit does not fire at AI TFs passing by it on their way in to invade Manila. Clark Field is a resource producion center, so it behooves you to hold it as long as possible (creates supplies for your forces). Leave the USAFFE HQ unit in Manila so that the Manila CD unit has enough supply to fight off those invasion TFs.
In Malaya, I have found that Singapore holds longer if I try to fight the Japanese in their initial invasion. I send troops to Alor Star to hold as long as possible. I try to intercept the Khota Bharu invasion TFs, if only to reduce the number of troops they land. This has allowed Khota Bharu to hold out as long as three weeks (wow! - okay, so the cause is lost, but they're trying).
If Wake doesn't fall in the first invasion, it is always tempting to try to reinforce it. Personal decistion there. In my latest game I am trying to reinforce it. The US CV TFs hammered the invasion fleet there (the Japanese lost three CLs, six DDs, and four AK/APs in that attempt).
However, you want to be careful with your CVs near Wake. If they wander too far south fo Wake, they'll be within LBA range of the Japanese Mandated Islands. As well, if you keep them in that area too long, it might be a tempting target for the Kido Butai as it returns from the Pearl Harbor mission.
This is not necessarily a prescription for winning, but it has made for some fun gaming. Enjoy yourself!
In the SRA (southern resource area - the main target for the Japanese) you are not going to be able to hold on, so the idea is to make the Japanese expansion as costly as possible for the Japanese. I like to consolidate my forces into the locations that matter (Balikpapan, Palembang, Batavia, Soerabaja, Clark Field, Manila, Tarakan, Kuching, Koepang). I withdraw the smaller base foces and garrison from many of the lesser, more vulnerable bases and send them to the fortress locations. A few I will use to start to build up Port Moresby and Milne Bay. Once I have pulled the smaller base forces into Manila, I like to send the PAF Aviation unit to Cooktown, which is where I like to send the SWPAC HQ unit. My reasoning is that since MacArthur is both USAFFE and SWPAC, he's getting out of the Philippines no matter waht I do. By sending the PAW Aviation to Oz, I am at least saving a few Filipinos, who deserve some break for being our sacrificial lamb.
I have found that Bataan isn't worth trying to defend. The game system has Manila as an urban center, with a higher defense bonus than the forested Bataan Peninsula. As well, the Bataan CD unit does not fire at AI TFs passing by it on their way in to invade Manila. Clark Field is a resource producion center, so it behooves you to hold it as long as possible (creates supplies for your forces). Leave the USAFFE HQ unit in Manila so that the Manila CD unit has enough supply to fight off those invasion TFs.
In Malaya, I have found that Singapore holds longer if I try to fight the Japanese in their initial invasion. I send troops to Alor Star to hold as long as possible. I try to intercept the Khota Bharu invasion TFs, if only to reduce the number of troops they land. This has allowed Khota Bharu to hold out as long as three weeks (wow! - okay, so the cause is lost, but they're trying).
If Wake doesn't fall in the first invasion, it is always tempting to try to reinforce it. Personal decistion there. In my latest game I am trying to reinforce it. The US CV TFs hammered the invasion fleet there (the Japanese lost three CLs, six DDs, and four AK/APs in that attempt).
However, you want to be careful with your CVs near Wake. If they wander too far south fo Wake, they'll be within LBA range of the Japanese Mandated Islands. As well, if you keep them in that area too long, it might be a tempting target for the Kido Butai as it returns from the Pearl Harbor mission.
This is not necessarily a prescription for winning, but it has made for some fun gaming. Enjoy yourself!
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
- HercMighty
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
- Location: Minnesota, USA
RE: How do you stay organized?
ORIGINAL: CobraAus
Plus whet ever else you do get Bodi's WITPUTILIY will make your day for keeping track
and it just gets better
Cobra Aus
Is this what you are referring to?:
WITP Monitor by John McDonnel : The attached utility monitors the WITP save directory and saves operations/combat/sigint reports in an archive directory (it's currently hardcoded to be directly below the save directory). It appends the relevant date to each report. It is useful if you are playing against the AI - not much use for people with multiple PBEM games (last updated - 07/26/04)
From Spooky's site.
Thanks
RE: How do you stay organized?
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
Does Bodhi's utility work with Andrew's map?
Yes, it reads the data from the scenario database files and the pwhex.dat file, so it should work with any map mod and any scenario. Of course it's up to you to ensure that the scenario files, pwhex.dat and map graphics you use for the utility all match up.
Bodhi
RE: How do you stay organized?
ORIGINAL: HercMighty
ORIGINAL: CobraAus
Plus whet ever else you do get Bodi's WITPUTILIY will make your day for keeping track
and it just gets better
Cobra Aus
Is this what you are referring to?:
WITP Monitor by John McDonnel : The attached utility monitors the WITP save directory and saves operations/combat/sigint reports in an archive directory (it's currently hardcoded to be directly below the save directory). It appends the relevant date to each report. It is useful if you are playing against the AI - not much use for people with multiple PBEM games (last updated - 07/26/04)
From Spooky's site.
Thanks
No, I think he's refering to this.
Bodhi
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: How do you stay organized?
Thanks for the response. I belive that it is your utility that is loaded on my laptop. I'll give it a try.
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
- HercMighty
- Posts: 399
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
- Location: Minnesota, USA
RE: How do you stay organized?
ORIGINAL: Bodhi
ORIGINAL: HercMighty
ORIGINAL: CobraAus
Plus whet ever else you do get Bodi's WITPUTILIY will make your day for keeping track
and it just gets better
Cobra Aus
Is this what you are referring to?:
WITP Monitor by John McDonnel : The attached utility monitors the WITP save directory and saves operations/combat/sigint reports in an archive directory (it's currently hardcoded to be directly below the save directory). It appends the relevant date to each report. It is useful if you are playing against the AI - not much use for people with multiple PBEM games (last updated - 07/26/04)
From Spooky's site.
Thanks
No, I think he's refering to this.
Thanks
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: How do you stay organized?
How do you stay organized?
I don't. And my desk looks like a pile of maure too.

- captskillet
- Posts: 2493
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
- Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers
RE: How do you stay organized?
This has probably been beaten into the ground adnauseum but I keep a legal size pad that I write down notes on (future plans, this TF is carrying this unit(s)/supply to that location, etc.). At the start of every turn I start at the East edge of map (US) and check things out and start going West till I get to Karachi....I may not look at every base but I check out all the majors plus wherever I have ongoing ops.
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest


- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16739
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: How do you stay organized?
Hi Guys,
I was surprised at how little time you spend planning your invasions/attacks. For the first turn as the Japanese, I will spend 40-60 hours preparing everything to include logistics, production and operations. To be honest though, I'm an operations officer in the Guard and am just coming of a deployment out of the country as a logistics officer. (I actually arrive home tomorrow.) I was deployed when I got the game. This kind of planning is my thing.
Anyway, I keep spreadsheets on everything you can think of and also have a one inch binder packed full of notes. I'm kind of anal too. I task organize the Japanese fleet down to the ship and have the ships in divisions and squadrons, pretty much on historical lines, but I do move around some divisions to maximize their strengths (high AA DD classes for the carrier fleet, for example).
I do the same for the air units too. I have the training Air Fleets (the on map pilot training program devised by Mogami) in Japan, as well as Air Divisions/Flotillas for Burma, China, Central Pacific, SE Pacific, DEI, etc. They are IJNAF (Air Flotillas) and IJAAF (Air Divisions) and each area has one or the other with primary responsibility, although some areas have both present. (Burma, for example, has an Air Flotilla with Nells/Betties and Zeros along with some recon to keep an eye out for the British Fleet.)
As far as ground units are concerned, I have them divided up by area, but some are transferred relatively early on. (I transfer some SNLFs, regiments and brigades from the Southern Army to the SE Fleet to take Rabaul as early as possible. The units available at start are not sufficient to take Rabaul quickly. I also send a couple of extra engineers there too.
In China, I have a list of units to be used as garrisons and which base each unit is heading to. The remaining units are divided into 3-4 armies to be used in various campaigns designed to capture the Chinese held resource areas. My plans in China are relatively simple. I don't attack until I have at least 100k men in the attack force, with 125k being preferable.
I have one goal as the Japanese player: to loot Indonesia. In order to do that, I need to have as large a defensive perimeter as possible that I can effectively defend to protect that area as well as the supply lines to Japan.
One concern I have early on is with PPs. I can't transfer all the units I want to the Burma Area Army. I usually send the 56th Division to Malaya and then to Burma. The number of points needed to transfer it to Burma is extrordinary. I usually can't transfer it until March-April 42, although it is there long before that time.
Enough of my rambling. Time to pack to go home so I can start my next planning session (in my own house for a change).
Mike
I was surprised at how little time you spend planning your invasions/attacks. For the first turn as the Japanese, I will spend 40-60 hours preparing everything to include logistics, production and operations. To be honest though, I'm an operations officer in the Guard and am just coming of a deployment out of the country as a logistics officer. (I actually arrive home tomorrow.) I was deployed when I got the game. This kind of planning is my thing.
Anyway, I keep spreadsheets on everything you can think of and also have a one inch binder packed full of notes. I'm kind of anal too. I task organize the Japanese fleet down to the ship and have the ships in divisions and squadrons, pretty much on historical lines, but I do move around some divisions to maximize their strengths (high AA DD classes for the carrier fleet, for example).
I do the same for the air units too. I have the training Air Fleets (the on map pilot training program devised by Mogami) in Japan, as well as Air Divisions/Flotillas for Burma, China, Central Pacific, SE Pacific, DEI, etc. They are IJNAF (Air Flotillas) and IJAAF (Air Divisions) and each area has one or the other with primary responsibility, although some areas have both present. (Burma, for example, has an Air Flotilla with Nells/Betties and Zeros along with some recon to keep an eye out for the British Fleet.)
As far as ground units are concerned, I have them divided up by area, but some are transferred relatively early on. (I transfer some SNLFs, regiments and brigades from the Southern Army to the SE Fleet to take Rabaul as early as possible. The units available at start are not sufficient to take Rabaul quickly. I also send a couple of extra engineers there too.
In China, I have a list of units to be used as garrisons and which base each unit is heading to. The remaining units are divided into 3-4 armies to be used in various campaigns designed to capture the Chinese held resource areas. My plans in China are relatively simple. I don't attack until I have at least 100k men in the attack force, with 125k being preferable.
I have one goal as the Japanese player: to loot Indonesia. In order to do that, I need to have as large a defensive perimeter as possible that I can effectively defend to protect that area as well as the supply lines to Japan.
One concern I have early on is with PPs. I can't transfer all the units I want to the Burma Area Army. I usually send the 56th Division to Malaya and then to Burma. The number of points needed to transfer it to Burma is extrordinary. I usually can't transfer it until March-April 42, although it is there long before that time.
Enough of my rambling. Time to pack to go home so I can start my next planning session (in my own house for a change).
Mike
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: How do you stay organized?
Here's how I disorganize myself. I don't do quite as much as a lot of the other players.
1. I use staging areas for different HQs. For example, Noumea is an obvious one for the Solomons area. Depending on sub or air threats, areas around Australia may be typically dumped into Sydney or all the way up at Townsville or even Darwin. If I've got aircraft or army units for that HQ, they generally run through the staging area first. Thus, if I have a TF with a ground unit and I can't remember its ultimate destination, I'm safe sending it to the staging base for that unit's HQ. From there, I can sort it out. Aircraft are so mobile that I don't bother with a final destination when they are loaded in SF; I get them in theater and then they can train or fly to wherever they are needed at the time.
2. You're going to want to set objectives for your ground units so they are fully prepped when a battle starts or are prepped for the base they will be staying in. I start doing this well in advance of an operation or operations. The objective for the land unit tells me where they are ultimately going in the war. If it's tagged for Rabaul, I know where to put it depending on where I'm at in my battle for Rabaul. It may sit in a "units tagged for Rabaul" staging area for a month or two while I develop the situation making Rabaul a legitimate target, or it may go straight to New Britain to enter the fray. If you've got a TF with a land unit, you can check the objective of the land unit while loaded and remember where to send it.
3. I'm usually able to get the ash and trash type stuff (AKs TKs) to their ultimate destination using the destination and home port functions. In the vast majority of cases, two legs of the trip should get me to where I need to go without further fiddling. If the TF won't go beyond the destination to its "home port" objective, looking at the home port will tell you where it is ultimately heading. It's rare that I have a cargo TF that I know I created for some purpose but can't remember what. Heck, the Allies have enough ships that they can pretty much leave some reserves in numerous ports for last minute emergencies. I will often send a TF to a far off port for the express purpose of doing nothing when they arrive but to be available if I need ships in that area.
1. I use staging areas for different HQs. For example, Noumea is an obvious one for the Solomons area. Depending on sub or air threats, areas around Australia may be typically dumped into Sydney or all the way up at Townsville or even Darwin. If I've got aircraft or army units for that HQ, they generally run through the staging area first. Thus, if I have a TF with a ground unit and I can't remember its ultimate destination, I'm safe sending it to the staging base for that unit's HQ. From there, I can sort it out. Aircraft are so mobile that I don't bother with a final destination when they are loaded in SF; I get them in theater and then they can train or fly to wherever they are needed at the time.
2. You're going to want to set objectives for your ground units so they are fully prepped when a battle starts or are prepped for the base they will be staying in. I start doing this well in advance of an operation or operations. The objective for the land unit tells me where they are ultimately going in the war. If it's tagged for Rabaul, I know where to put it depending on where I'm at in my battle for Rabaul. It may sit in a "units tagged for Rabaul" staging area for a month or two while I develop the situation making Rabaul a legitimate target, or it may go straight to New Britain to enter the fray. If you've got a TF with a land unit, you can check the objective of the land unit while loaded and remember where to send it.
3. I'm usually able to get the ash and trash type stuff (AKs TKs) to their ultimate destination using the destination and home port functions. In the vast majority of cases, two legs of the trip should get me to where I need to go without further fiddling. If the TF won't go beyond the destination to its "home port" objective, looking at the home port will tell you where it is ultimately heading. It's rare that I have a cargo TF that I know I created for some purpose but can't remember what. Heck, the Allies have enough ships that they can pretty much leave some reserves in numerous ports for last minute emergencies. I will often send a TF to a far off port for the express purpose of doing nothing when they arrive but to be available if I need ships in that area.

- Tristanjohn
- Posts: 3027
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 4:50 am
- Location: Daly City CA USA
- Contact:
RE: How do you stay organized?
I certainly agree about the "plan" advice. Sit down and look at the map and decide, as quickly as possible, what you intend doing in, say, the next month, two months and three months, then devise a workable scheme to achieve these goals. Meanwhile, some obvious stuff needs to be attended to, like fortifying a few critical forward bases (Noumea comes to mind), getting Pearl up and running as your first supply hub, ensuring the safety of Australia, etc.
But even as you begin to take care of that critical stuff in the first few turns, also think about where you want to be a month, two months, three months down the road, and let those thoughts govern your actions overall.
But even as you begin to take care of that critical stuff in the first few turns, also think about where you want to be a month, two months, three months down the road, and let those thoughts govern your actions overall.
Regarding Frank Jack Fletcher: They should have named an oiler after him instead. -- Irrelevant










