Gold PBEM German Strategy
Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Well the Summer of 42 was very interesting. After reading Becket's account of his thurst into German territory[X(], I must admit I began to panic. It's been a rough couple of days trying to figure out what he did and how I could undo it. [&:] He made a bold gamble and I think I've made him pay for it... just a little. Finland is now in the war! And I managed to encircle most of the Russian armour in the Baltics, not well isolated because of my failure to repair RR earlier (Note to self - you have lots of supply... STOP hoarding it!. Unfortunatley the WA was able to sneak some supplies through Persia. [:@] If not for this Russia would be in a very bad way. As it is most of his tropps now are militia and inf. The Luftwaffe has been very successful at targeting the multitude of Russian arty. With the new dive bombers arriving next round I should be able to turn some more into scrap.
On the Western front, things are not so quite any more. The WA came out to resupply England. More target practice for the KM. [:D] U-boats in the IO sank 3 transports this season, hoping to cut the Persia supply road.
Things have become more fluid this turn and I expect them to remain so in the near future..... not sure if that's good or bad yet....
On the Western front, things are not so quite any more. The WA came out to resupply England. More target practice for the KM. [:D] U-boats in the IO sank 3 transports this season, hoping to cut the Persia supply road.
Things have become more fluid this turn and I expect them to remain so in the near future..... not sure if that's good or bad yet....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Argh.
I knew this was coming.
I saw it all about an hour after sending the turn. Without seeing the turn, I suspect that you sent a massive force from Rumania to East Poland, reinforced Rumania with your armor in W. Germany, repaired the rail in EP, which resupplied VL, then took Leningrad and god knows what else with the force in VL. [:(][:(][:(]
Really a huge mistake on my part to be so aggressive. Potentially game-turning mistake.
I knew this was coming.
I saw it all about an hour after sending the turn. Without seeing the turn, I suspect that you sent a massive force from Rumania to East Poland, reinforced Rumania with your armor in W. Germany, repaired the rail in EP, which resupplied VL, then took Leningrad and god knows what else with the force in VL. [:(][:(][:(]
Really a huge mistake on my part to be so aggressive. Potentially game-turning mistake.
"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
You are very close in your description of what I did. I gotta tell you that I was very paniced after reading your report of this turn! Espesially since I knew you were getting more supplies through Persia. [:@]
The next few turns should be verey exciting. It took me about 1.5 hours to do my turn!!! [X(]
For others reading this, it only took that long because I checked everything about 100 times to make sure I could pull it off. This is the bonus of PBEM as you don't have your allies and opponents glaring at you as you endless fret about your virtual men! [8D]
ps No screenies is to make Becket sweat waiting for this turn to show up in his in box. [:D]
The next few turns should be verey exciting. It took me about 1.5 hours to do my turn!!! [X(]
For others reading this, it only took that long because I checked everything about 100 times to make sure I could pull it off. This is the bonus of PBEM as you don't have your allies and opponents glaring at you as you endless fret about your virtual men! [8D]
ps No screenies is to make Becket sweat waiting for this turn to show up in his in box. [:D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
[:(][:(][:(]
"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
-
IDrinkBeer
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:30 pm
- Location: Richmond, VA
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I sure hope Japan is enjoying his Chinese food.... hint...hint...
I think we might try some Soviet dishes in the near future.. [:D]
I hear American food is pretty good also, although I'm not too sure about those so-called "Freedom Fries". [;)]
IDB
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
"Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
- Paul Vebber
- Posts: 5342
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Portsmouth RI
- Contact:
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I dunno - I wonder what Germany has to offer me...I've had a hankering for Sushi lately... WHere do I make my main thrust when the US comes in? I have this BIG ASS navy building since I've been having these naval problems...
IF say, Germany evacuates North Africa and pulls teh Uboats back in port, maybe 'll add some nice tempura to the menu. and of course those wonderful Wasabi Peas...
Watch out Japan...Germany and I might make a deal...youknow - a DEAL deal...maybe he's a republican!
IF say, Germany evacuates North Africa and pulls teh Uboats back in port, maybe 'll add some nice tempura to the menu. and of course those wonderful Wasabi Peas...
Watch out Japan...Germany and I might make a deal...youknow - a DEAL deal...maybe he's a republican!
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Fall 1942. More counter attacks and an attempt at consolidation.... not an easy combo for one turn. I think the two "drunks" are now circling each other and the room trying to see straight. The German manpower limits are started to get very tight with all the recent fighting.[X(] Sent Russia a special gift though, should pinch a little with the supply shortage, such as it is.
The u-boat campaign just got nasty as the WA has finally invented the depth charge, which seems to work better than the previous method of dropping hand grenades.[:(] Still I was able to sink or damage at least 5 transports for one sub damaged. Donitz would be proud.[;)] Making one last effort to seal the supplies from getting to Russia. Damn camel herders.[:@]
The end game of this war is going to be very interesting![X(] Stay tuned!!
The u-boat campaign just got nasty as the WA has finally invented the depth charge, which seems to work better than the previous method of dropping hand grenades.[:(] Still I was able to sink or damage at least 5 transports for one sub damaged. Donitz would be proud.[;)] Making one last effort to seal the supplies from getting to Russia. Damn camel herders.[:@]
The end game of this war is going to be very interesting![X(] Stay tuned!!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I hate when you do that with no screenshots. Now I gotta wait on IDB.
[:@][:@][:@]
Oh, hey, Winter is coming. I love winter (yeah, it's not First Russian Winter but it's still winter. [:D]).
[:@][:@][:@]
Oh, hey, Winter is coming. I love winter (yeah, it's not First Russian Winter but it's still winter. [:D]).
"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
OK, sorry for the delay as my home machine blew up!
Anyway the start of the Winter 1943 looked like this:

Anyway the start of the Winter 1943 looked like this:

- Attachments
-
- startwi43.jpg (111.41 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
And the end looked like below. Since it's winter I desided not to attack much because of the -1 in winter zones. So I spent the turn consolidating and raiding resources and factories. The LW had a bad season (frozen hands?!?[8|]) in raid on the Kharkov industrial complex.
The KM continues to sink WA transports in the NA but had a boat damaged.[:-]
The rest of this turn and all of next will be very exciting.[X(]

The KM continues to sink WA transports in the NA but had a boat damaged.[:-]
The rest of this turn and all of next will be very exciting.[X(]

- Attachments
-
- endwi43.jpg (111.67 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
- Paul Vebber
- Posts: 5342
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Portsmouth RI
- Contact:
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
The KM continues to sink WA transports in the NA but had a boat damaged.
HEHE you killed so amny of my transports I was able to economically upgrade them to ASW 2 [8D]
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Do you hear that?? Sounds like really BIG naval bombers.... lots of them.... headed to Pearl.... FINALLY!!!!![:'(]
Should be even cheaper to improve your navy by the time the turn gets to you.
Should be even cheaper to improve your navy by the time the turn gets to you.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Spring 1943.... I always liked spring..... especially after a long hard winter.....
The Russian front is again the scene of much activity after the winter lull. The terrible Russian Winter Offensive wasn't so terrible afterall.[&o] Our Spring push concentrated on Russian infastructure while trying to avoid major clashes, as I can't afford the attrition any longer. My manpower limits are stretched to the breaking point and this maybe the last of the OKW offensives.
In the North Atlantic, the life of a u-boat commander has become very stressful.... and short![:@] With the US now fully in the war the NA is now full of ships. Yes this means more targets, but it also means more depth charges.... looks like the US has been practicing in the Great Lakes...[:'(]. THe WA is now building up in the British Isles and I have to now maintain my Atlantic Wall defences. These men are sorely need on the Russian front and so more pressure on my already short supply of men. We can only hope the Japanese can threaten the US west coast enough to cause the WA to give up it's Germany First plans.[X(]
Here is the Russian front as it stands now:

The Russian front is again the scene of much activity after the winter lull. The terrible Russian Winter Offensive wasn't so terrible afterall.[&o] Our Spring push concentrated on Russian infastructure while trying to avoid major clashes, as I can't afford the attrition any longer. My manpower limits are stretched to the breaking point and this maybe the last of the OKW offensives.
In the North Atlantic, the life of a u-boat commander has become very stressful.... and short![:@] With the US now fully in the war the NA is now full of ships. Yes this means more targets, but it also means more depth charges.... looks like the US has been practicing in the Great Lakes...[:'(]. THe WA is now building up in the British Isles and I have to now maintain my Atlantic Wall defences. These men are sorely need on the Russian front and so more pressure on my already short supply of men. We can only hope the Japanese can threaten the US west coast enough to cause the WA to give up it's Germany First plans.[X(]
Here is the Russian front as it stands now:

- Attachments
-
- sp43.jpg (105.56 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I love how you cut off persia with that paratrooper. I bet he isn't long for the world but still very nice!
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Thanks. It's a long shot and Russia doesn't have any forces that can get him this turn so he'll cause more trouble next turn.[:D] He's also not alone![;)]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
ORIGINAL: dulsin2
I love how you cut off persia with that paratrooper. I bet he isn't long for the world but still very nice!
Denying me the 6 Caucasus resources and requiring me to spend 60 supply to repair them is more than worth the value of one paratrooper.
Barth has been bombing the Caucasus for a while now and it REALLY hurts.
However, the Soviets are not cut off from Lend Lease. I made sure of that by opening a closer route. [:)]
Really surprised about Kharkov, as I thought it would hold. I just couldn't move anything else there. Freaking German planes. Your bomber heavy strat is really paying dividends.
"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
Yeah, I saw your move into Afganistan.[:@] Nothing I could do about it but hope Japs can sink the transport chain from his end. I'm hoping the para's buddies can spread some terror down in that area too. [:'(] Do I need to take both the northern provence's to stop Murmansk route or just Karelia?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I'm not telling.
"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I hope it will only take the Murmansk area. That is the largest port Russia has on the Artic coast. The others would take Ice breakers to get to 6 months out of the year.
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Gold PBEM German Strategy
I hope so too. [:D]
You can only send Lend Lease through Murmansk region in non-winter turns anyway.
You can only send Lend Lease through Murmansk region in non-winter turns anyway.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"


