Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
User avatar
Knavery
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:44 pm

Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Knavery »

I have posted in other threads, but some of these problems may be different. So far, I haven't been able to get through the tutorials without a lock-up.

Last night, it happened when I tried loading the production/research tutorial.

So I guess I need to know what you guys specifically need--the save file? I can't really get a diax report as it's a lock-up. However, perhaps I can get a prior save-game file.

For whatever it's worth, here are my system specs:

AMD 2400+ 2.0 gig chip
9700 Radeon Pro 128 meg
1 gig DDR 2700 RAM
Soundblaster MP3 Live!

All drivers are updated. Can't remember the motherboard off the top of my head. However, if it's anything, I'd think it would be video or sound. Thanks in advance.

Knavery
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Marc von Martial »

Hi, did you allready provide a DirectX dialog file?

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
6. attach to reply to us
User avatar
Knavery
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:44 pm

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Knavery »

Thanks Marc,
I have done that. Here it is. One thing to note. During the display tests, the cubes were spinning at very high speeds, but I did see them. Not sure if that's normal.

Knavery
Attachments
KnaveryDxDiag.txt
(45.62 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Erik Rutins »

Knavery,

I noticed right away that your sound drivers are three years old. Are there more recent ones available for your card (SB Live!)? Please check and see if you can find some through Creative Labs.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Knavery
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:44 pm

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Knavery »

I'm sorry Erik, but there's not. I had stated that in another post. The drivers I have for my sound card are all up to date.

Knavery
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33774
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Joel Billings »

Have you tried to rename the sound directory? Try that and see if you can run the game ok (it will be without sound and music). This might tell us something.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Mr.Frag »

Knave, slide the bar in DXDiag to the Basic spot on the Sound Tab.

Restart your machine and try it again. If it still does it, slide one further to None.

Image
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (10.03 KiB) Viewed 307 times
User avatar
Knavery
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:44 pm

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Knavery »

Thanks for the help guys. I will try that.

One thing to note... It happens randomly. It doesn't happen during a specific event. I will try one thing at a time and see what happens and let you know.

knavery
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
User avatar
willgamer
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:35 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by willgamer »

I'm getting this problem consistantly with a simple sub v. transport Japanese attack at W. Tasman.

Attached is the dxdiag. The save is availble to e-mail on request.

The workaround is to turn sound effects to zero. (It can be turned back on after this battle no problems.)

No changes to sound acceleration affects the problem.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(45.42 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33774
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Joel Billings »

The first patch that will be out in the next few days (we hope) has an adjustment to sound. I don't know if this will fix you problem or not. If you want, you can contact Erik Rutins and see if you can get an advanced copy of the patch to try out.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
willgamer
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:35 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by willgamer »

Just posting to document that the ctd still happens after applying the patch.

Since the sound effects can be turned back on after the problem battle with no problems to the end of the game, I'm filing this under one time mystery. [>:]

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by Erik Rutins »

Willgamer,

Could you post a save file that sets up the one time battle which gives you a sound problem? Thanks.

Everyone else, did the update help at all with your sound performance?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
willgamer
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:35 pm
Location: Huntsville, Alabama

RE: Game Locks -- Repeating Music

Post by willgamer »


Erik,

Already send to 2by3 on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:19 PM.

Joel replied the next day that he could not recreate on his machine.

No problem, hopefully it won't recur.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”