PBEM file failure? Dissapearing units.

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
QBeam
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:03 pm

PBEM file failure? Dissapearing units.

Post by QBeam »

Three of us have started a PBEM game. I did the Axis turn, then sent it to the Soviet/Chinese player. He was able to do his turn, then sent it along to the WA player. He says he did his turn and saved it ok, but when I start it up, there are no units anywhere on the map. This immediately causes the Soviet areas to unfreeze (no garrisons in East Prussia/Poland).

I got the Soviet player to send me the file he sent to the WA player, and I was able to open it just fine. (Since it's still the first turn of the game, I could type in whatever password I wanted.)

Anyone know what might be causing the failure?
Carthago Delinde Est
QBeam
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:03 pm

RE: PBEM file failure? Dissapearing units.

Post by QBeam »

Ok, new information...the WA player has applied the test patch. I'm guessing that's the problem, though I'm surprised that he was able to even do his turn. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the problem?
Carthago Delinde Est
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: PBEM file failure? Dissapearing units.

Post by Mr.Frag »

Always a bad plan to mix versions in a multiplayer game. Just common sense. [;)]
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33773
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: PBEM file failure? Dissapearing units.

Post by Joel Billings »

Yes, can't mix versions. Once one player has moved up a version, the next players must all upgrade or the game won't work. Sorry. Hopefully the patch will be out this week.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”