SH3 goes gold is it just me
Moderator: maddog986
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
I always do a down the throat shot. In my 100% realism career, I have bagged close to 12 tin cans. Part of that is a I got it down almost to a science in the first Silent Hunter. Of course, when ASW gets REALLY bad, Im gonna go deep and hide.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
BTW -- I think you should try marketing "Kablammo" over at subsim. Or maybe come up with a product designed to squash bugs AND retro-engineer "design decisions." That way, we could actually have useful saves.[:D]

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Uh-oh..... ideas are brewing..... [:D]
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
OBOY! I just ran into a now escorted convoy just West of Ireland.. several C2 and T3.. lots aof good hunting... I just love getting inside a convoy and opening up fron and back and then scooting away.. reloading and doing it all again... first time sunk 8 ships.. and my system locked up, second time got 6 and two wounded, but a dd showed up and ruined my happy time, low on torps'0' and amo.. 105 down to 6 rounds of HE time to head into port... that was cruise 10, and I am close to starting 1942.. does anyone know if there is a radar detector upgrade at some point?
"Tanks forward"
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ya there are a ton of convoys there, but still not big ships for me, damnit, I want to torpedo something worth torpedoing, a nice bb, maby a carrier or to, how many damn destroyers were there in this war anyways!!! I sink so many and still you cant go anywhere without running into them.
Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
Way to much to list here!
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Just returning from my first mission. I a type II with two ships sunk for 8824 tons.
Fired last two toprs at a C2 that both hit but didn't go down.
So I head for home plot course and up thespeed to 1028.
I'm think I should save as when I first tried the game I used the map to navigate out to sea and then whack right into the harbour.
But I didn't and then after thinking I'd plotted at a safe enough distance whack.......dead.......the end.
Shame that you have to manually navigate into the harbour.
Very annoyed.
Fired last two toprs at a C2 that both hit but didn't go down.
So I head for home plot course and up thespeed to 1028.
I'm think I should save as when I first tried the game I used the map to navigate out to sea and then whack right into the harbour.
But I didn't and then after thinking I'd plotted at a safe enough distance whack.......dead.......the end.
Shame that you have to manually navigate into the harbour.
Very annoyed.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
why do you not "esc" and end the patrol.. then zip back to base?
"Tanks forward"
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Damn didn't know you could do that.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
[sarcasm]Boo! Hiss! That is much too gamey![:-] Much more realistic to sail back home yourself![:'(][/sarcasm]
Out of curiosity, do you know if you get any extra renown points or other bonus if you take the trouble to sail back home rather than ESC -> Exit? I'm still planning on sailing back, but just wondered.
Out of curiosity, do you know if you get any extra renown points or other bonus if you take the trouble to sail back home rather than ESC -> Exit? I'm still planning on sailing back, but just wondered.

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
I think not, reknown for finnishing objectives and sinking enemy ships
"Tanks forward"
- Charles2222
- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
Patch v1.2 is out.
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
stupid patch made my computer reboot after I tried to start the game! worked fine the next launch though!... its 42 and the Brits are already better.. must be using surface radar.. they see me in the dark! way off through fog etc!... When does my radar detector come? ever?
"Tanks forward"
- testarossa
- Posts: 958
- Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:06 pm
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ORIGINAL: Charles_22
Patch v1.2 is out.
It introduced escort zigzag on attack course. So no more 3 DDs sunk in one mission.[:D]
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
I just had a long escort at night jump me in the shallows near NY... glad I had good sonar and evasion tecniques.. he lost me in the clatter and I was after a long and frightening experence able to surface.. at one point had water pooring in to the aft crew quarters.. yet the hull inteegrity stayed at 100%? odd... Also new and cool, I now have the use of star shells... this game rocks
"Tanks forward"
- Charles2222
- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ORIGINAL: freeboy
I just had a long escort at night jump me in the shallows near NY... glad I had good sonar and evasion tecniques.. he lost me in the clatter and I was after a long and frightening experence able to surface.. at one point had water pooring in to the aft crew quarters.. yet the hull inteegrity stayed at 100%? odd... Also new and cool, I now have the use of star shells... this game rocks
Didn't you know that the aft quarters are also a makeshift shower? Maybe they don't consider the inner piping as part of the "hull" integrity, though bad pipes can cause flooding of course.
- Grouchy
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Nuenen, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
- Contact:
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
ORIGINAL: DeepSix
[sarcasm]Boo! Hiss! That is much too gamey![:-] Much more realistic to sail back home yourself![:'(][/sarcasm]
Out of curiosity, do you know if you get any extra renown points or other bonus if you take the trouble to sail back home rather than ESC -> Exit? I'm still planning on sailing back, but just wondered.
If you take the trouble to sail back home I think you get 100 extra renown points.
From the basic.cfg file:
CompletedPatrol=100
RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me
complete patrol could be defined as returning to port, even with the "esc" key.. good ? for the "other " forum...
"Tanks forward"
- UndercoverNotChickenSalad
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Denial Aisle
- Contact:








