Game Crashes At Startup

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
Senator_Unger
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:20 am

Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Senator_Unger »

Hello, I recently purchased World at War and everything works fine until I get to load a new game and when it gets to the point where it says "Calibrating Zoom Speed" on the map, when the screen is over Hawaii, the game either crashes to my desktop or freezes the computer. I would appreciate any help you can give as I've been looking forward to playing this game for quite some time now. Also, I uploaded the DxDiag, as I thought that might help.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(30.59 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33774
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Joel Billings »

Hopefully Erik or Marc (the Matrix guys with good technical knowledge) will try to help you out soon, but in the meantime, I noticed that your dxdiag said it crashed in stage 1 so there is no basic system information. You might try that again and see if you can post a complete dxdiag so the tech support guys can help you once they read your post. I can only suggest to update your video and sound drivers if there are any more current drivers to be found.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Marc von Martial »

Your dxdiag file crashed in page 1. Please run again and attach. Thanks.
Senator_Unger
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:20 am

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Senator_Unger »

Here's the updated specs.
Attachments
DxDiagII.txt
(51.32 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33774
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Joel Billings »

You may not have enough virtual memory set up. You need to have at least 1500MB of virtual memory and the dxdiag seems to say you have 944 (if I'm understanding this right). Let us know if you don't know how to change this setting or if this isn't the problem.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Mr.Frag »

Little thing, but the reason you crashed is pretty obvious:

Drive: C:
Free Space: 0.8 GB


Your swap file would have tried to increase in size but you don't have enough drive space free to allow that to happen.

Having less then 15% of your system drive free is VERY bad for systems.
Senator_Unger
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:20 am

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Senator_Unger »

Hello again. I took your advice and increased my virtual memory and hard drive space. However, now the game has started crashing right after it finishes loading, before the options screen. I'll post my updated DxDiag, and any help you guys can give me would be great.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(50.33 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Game Crashes At Startup

Post by Marc von Martial »

Did you allready apply the v1.016 patch?
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”