ORIGINAL: WanderingHead
Several times I have observed that naval combat is not initiated and I am unable to undo the move.
Example: Germany just moved 1 heavy fleet and 2 light fleets to the Irish Sea to attack 2 UK heavy fleets. The combat toolbar pops up, but every option is grayed out. It won't let me undo the movement, that option is removed as though something irrevocable occurred ... but nothing happened and no Op-Fire warnings came up.
I've seen this several times. This time I also see that after some delay, namely the time it has taken me to type this entry, the battle option in the battle toolbar has become valid! And now it will let me undo the move! This must be a bug.
I have a game save from a couple of minutes ago, when I could not initiate combat, and another save from right now when I can, if you are interested.
Has this behavior been seen?
This looks very much like a bug, because I can't initiate combat then without doing anything to change the state in that zone suddenly I can. I have saved files from before (unable to initiate) and after (able to initiate, but I did nothing but wait). Just tell me where to send them.
