bombers not attacking

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

bombers not attacking

Post by Pocus »

My apologize if the response has been made elsewhere. In this case delete the thread please.


Most of the time, when bombers are in excess compared to the number of enemy artilleries being bombed, the remaining bombers will not fire against other land units. It happens even where there is no flaks (I know that a flak hit abort bombers), and if no enemy units are destroyed, but are just damaged (in that case you can think that they are not shown firing because they fired against an already destroyed arty).

I would be rather grateful to know how the mechanic should works in this case. Thanks in advance!
AGEOD Team
User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

RE: bombers not attacking

Post by Pocus »

well I would really appreciate an answer, even if the answer is: we dont know. because as of now I'm unsure if its a bug or is there something I dont understand. [&:]
AGEOD Team
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33774
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: bombers not attacking

Post by Joel Billings »

There may be a bug here, although the computer is trying to assign 2 air units to attack each enemy artillery unit before it will assign any air units to attack non-artillery units. This 2 to 1 targeting is intended. If you have 6 air units attacking a stack of ground units where there are 2 artillery, I'd expect 2 air units to attack each artillery and then the 2 remaining air units to each fire at one other ground unit. We had one report of units seemingly not firing when they had targets and were not matched up with a unit that was already destroyed (you would not see this, but it is happening internally). If you see someting that looks like a bug, please send a save to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

RE: bombers not attacking

Post by Pocus »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

There may be a bug here, although the computer is trying to assign 2 air units to attack each enemy artillery unit before it will assign any air units to attack non-artillery units. This 2 to 1 targeting is intended.

I remember this rule, but it happens very seldomly for me.
If you have 6 air units attacking a stack of ground units where there are 2 artillery, I'd expect 2 air units to attack each artillery and then the 2 remaining air units to each fire at one other ground unit. We had one report of units seemingly not firing when they had targets and were not matched up with a unit that was already destroyed (you would not see this, but it is happening internally). If you see someting that looks like a bug, please send a save to 2by3@2by3games.com. Thanks.

The tac I have definitively dont perform as expected then. I send you a save, there is a bunch of tac in russia if you want to check. They are rather upgraded, so perhaps it has to do with that, although I dont see the link between stat increase and the appearance of this bug (but I'm not in your code!).

what I see is that:
1- when there is artilleries, some bombers wont attacks (even if there is only damaged units on the defending side)
2 - I rarely see 2 bombers attacking before striking at an infantry.

I confirm that with the standard units (first campaign), they works as expected though.

Now that I think about it, the units not firing are perhaps the one supposed to attack a second time, but doing nothing for a reason unknown???

Keep me informed if possible.
AGEOD Team
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”