Any plans for the patch

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
randell765
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:56 am

Any plans for the patch

Post by randell765 »

Do you have a date on the first patch? Just wondering?
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: Any plans for the patch

Post by Marc von Martial »

Very soon [;)]
artgrtr8u
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Michigan

RE: Any plans for the patch

Post by artgrtr8u »

I'm not trying to criticize here, I love this game, but that being said I have a comment.

Being a software developer myself, and someone who has spent a lot of time waiting for patches to some seriously buggy games (a group GGWaW doesn't fall into, stuff like HOI and Starfleet Command), "Very Soon" can mean an awful lot of things.

If you can't give us a date, could you at least give us a time we shouldn't expect it before?

Honestly though, I'd rather have it right than fast, so just tell me I'll have to wait if you want to.
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33773
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Any plans for the patch

Post by Joel Billings »

We think it will be ready for the public within the next few days. Of course, until it is posted, there is always a chance it will be delayed.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Franky513
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Any plans for the patch

Post by Franky513 »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

We think it will be ready for the public within the next few days. Of course, until it is posted, there is always a chance it will be delayed.

I hope that you also took care of the sound drivers of the game.

Ciao Frank
User avatar
hondo1375
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:02 am
Location: London, UK

RE: Any plans for the patch

Post by hondo1375 »


Thanks for treating us like adults and giving a reasonable response to a reasonable question. I’ve got to say I’m sick of the “when it’s ready” response from other devs, and treating giving estimates of release dates for patches as if devs were revealing the date for D-Day to enemy agents.

By the way, I’ve been playing war games for over 30 years (well, I’ve taken breaks in between turns on occasion to wash, eat and go to work) and I’ve got to say this game is a class act based on first impressions imhe. A highly professional piece of work. I’m a bit bewildered by “The Wargamer” website though – I think the review, although mainly complementary, missed the beauty of this game. I hope they see fit to give it a second impressions review once the game takes off, and award a “recommended” badge.
First wargame: Jedko's 1st edition "The Russian Campaign". First computer wargame: don't remember the name, but it was on punch cards.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”