Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
Traveler
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:47 pm

Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Post by Traveler »

I was playing this morning and everything was fine. Took a break, came back and now the game won't run. I keep getting this error message> Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalled it first without the patch then with the patch and I get the same error. What is happening???????
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Post by Erik Rutins »

Traveler,

That's very odd indeed. Can you go in with Windows Explorer and confirm that the file in question is where it should be (the \dat subdirectory of your GGWaW installation)? Has anything else changed? Have you tried turning off all background programs and seeing if that helps?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Traveler
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:47 pm

RE: Error:Fatal can't load \dat\art.txt

Post by Traveler »

Seemed to have fixed it. I uninstalled WaW again; butr this time I defraged my drive before reinstalling the game.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”