combat that dont make senses

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

combat that dont make senses

Post by Pocus »

Hi again,

I have started to check in details the combats, and there is some modifiers that appears which dont really make senses to me. I have the saves.

1. artillery fire. Sometime the defending units get the -1 eva penalty at range 1, thanks to the arties having firedt at range 2, sometimes they still have their full eva.
2. I often have on Germany first turn a -1 to dices (not -1 to a stat, just a little but still annoying -1). I dont quite understand why. Yes I play without any handicaps in these games.
3. Sometime a defending unit get a +1 eva bonus. I first thought that it was because the unit firing on the defender was already hit, but then this +1 eva dont appears each time.

Well thats all... I would like to discuss these issues more with somebody, perhaps Joel if he is ok.
AGEOD Team
User avatar
5cats
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:17 am

RE: combat that dont make senses

Post by 5cats »

Any attacking ground unit gets -1 when shooting at a defending ground unit.
It would help if the combat results explained all the modifiers...
No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: combat that dont make senses

Post by Joel Billings »

If you have a combat with a modifier that seems suspect, we need to have a detailed description of the problem and if at all possible a save that will allow us to recreate the battle. Posted screenshot(s) if they show the entire battle can help if you give us the details of the battle, but a save helps us verify items like game options, locations even if the bug does not reproduce 100% of the time on loading the save. Testers are working on figuring out a few odd situations now so help is appreciated.

Keith did correct a bug that was keeping a few units from attacking at all in some cases that have been reported, and this fix will be in the next patch. It took a save we got showing 3 air units attacking a stack (with the 3rd unit not attacking anything) for Keith to find and fix the bug.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

RE: combat that dont make senses

Post by Pocus »

Hi Joel,
I sent you a save. If you can tell me whats going on in this combat...
AGEOD Team
User avatar
Pocus
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:17 pm

RE: combat that dont make senses

Post by Pocus »

ok, sent it another time. Tell me if you dont have it within some hours and I will put it on a ftp.
AGEOD Team
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”