New 2 X 2 game

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

I sent my turns along. It looks to be a good game.
User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

Sorry for the delay guys. Very busy weekend.[X(]

I've now sent the turn on.[:)]

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Got the turn, I should get out of the office in about 3 hours, so expect my turn in about 5h ;)

CharonJr
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

New turn is ready for download.

Barthheart, nice move to have the Navy blocking England ;)

CharonJr
User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

Thanks, it had just occured to me that the Hvy fleets actually have a decent AA value. Now if I could only come up with a good counter to the Spainish Gambit. Although, when the US comes in full strength, I think Spain just becomes another liability to the Germans.... I guess we'll see....[8D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Yup, IIRC the only time the US deployed battleships together with carriers in the Pacific the battleships mainly served as AA platforms.

CharonJr
User avatar
mavraamides
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by mavraamides »

On its way...
User avatar
mavraamides
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by mavraamides »

ORIGINAL: CharonJr

Yup, IIRC the only time the US deployed battleships together with carriers in the Pacific the battleships mainly served as AA platforms.

CharonJr

I'm pretty sure the Iowa was used in that capacity, CV air defense. You would probably want to think twice before flying over that beast with red circles on your wings!

Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

Finished my turn and sent on to Bartheart. Looks like the Japanese beat the Germans to the punch!
User avatar
mavraamides
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by mavraamides »

Yeah, I'm not sure if that will backfire, I might have jumped the gun a bit...

So many question marks with this game. It will be interesting to watch the
strategies shake out over the next couple of months!

Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

I was thinking you might wait until next turn, but I wasn't sure since your forces seemed to be poised to attack during my last turn! On the bright side (for Stalin), it looked like the Russians inflicted the first Japanese carrier air loss! [;)]
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Hey, we Germans are a peaceful bunch ;)

We would have never broken our treaty with Russia. But now, after our brave allies have been forced into a preemptive strike against Russia we are faced with a very tough choice ;)

CharonJr
User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

I've sent the turn.

If you Germans are so peaceful, what are you doing in Palistine!!![:-][:D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Hmm, just took a first look at the turn and am a bit puzzled.

If Japan attacks the USSR the western portion of the USSR is no longer frozen as well ?

Overall a very strange game, but it is nice that is is VERY different from playing the AI :)

And the peaceful German people just wants to try to liberate the Arabs from the UK's suppression [;)]

Will still have to ponder a bit more about this one, but will send my turn later today.

CharonJr
Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

My first time when Japan attacks first. I'm still somewhat frozen in the West although I can use strategic movement now. I guess its the same situation in reverse as when Germany attacks but Japan doesn't.
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

The longer I look at it the more I realise: Boy, are we screwed [;)]

Will play my turn now...

CharonJr
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

The turn is up...

Well, this one will be interesting, I had to attack Russia despite being in no position to do so just in order to equal Russia's production modifier as soon as possible. And I don't even want to start thinking about the US being at 2 now ;)

CharonJr

Forwarn45
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Forwarn45 »

Sent my turn on to Bartheart.
I knew the Germans couldn't be trusted. Well, I got them back -- by attacking the Fins! I'm sure they deserved it anyway. It's definitely an interesting game and I'm looking forward to seeing how things will play out.
User avatar
Barthheart
Posts: 3080
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Nepean, Ontario

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by Barthheart »

Sent the turn on.
What a great game! Lots of twists.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: New 2 X 2 game

Post by CharonJr »

Turn is up...

Did I mention that we are screwed ;)

CharonJr
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents Wanted”