Error with WA LIGHT Fleet

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
randell765
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:56 am

Error with WA LIGHT Fleet

Post by randell765 »

On my previous question, I had asked where the WA light fleet came from when you destroyed the LOW COuntries? Now, there may be a bug, correct me if I am wrong but if you take over a port and the only empty sea zone is filled by enemy naval units then the ships in port are automatically destroyed? Correct? So I put my sub off the coast of the low countries and attacked, the light fleet escaped to the UK.

Fine, mabeyt subs don't count. Restarted turn. Put a light fleet off the coast then attacked, same thing, the WA light fleet is escaping past all ships regardless of what is happening. How do you prevent the WA from doing this???? This is a bug,right? When I attack Lenningrad, ALL of Russia's ships are destroyed, and all I have in the baltic is some transports. Any help would be grateful. Thank You.
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Error with WA LIGHT Fleet

Post by Joel Billings »

Actually, the rule that Keith coded (but I guess was never documented) is that the ships can escape to a friendly port as long as they don't have to pass through a narrows area. Thus the Russians can't escape past the Danish narrows, but the Dutch fleet can escape to Scotland. We didn't like ships being destroyed due to being blocked. If the manual says this it is out of date.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”