Very Strange bug

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
randell765
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:56 am

Very Strange bug

Post by randell765 »

This is very odd and I haver been meaning to report it. As Axis(Germany), on the first turn as I invade the Low countries(before France), If I enter more than 4 infantry into the country, a WA light fleet pops up off the East coast of the UK, it is completely CRAZY. One minute there is nothing in the North SEA and the next, a light fleet appears???????


This happens every single game I play as Allies and I would be more than happy to send you 10 saves with this happening all 10 times. Or is this not a bug????????

Please let me know. Also, tried to duplicate my light fleet traveling through Pearl Harbor after I have taken it over with my troops, haven't been able to do so as of yet, though(keep running out of supplies).
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Very Strange bug

Post by Joel Billings »

It is retreating from the Low Countries port when it estimates that the attacker will take the territory. If you block the sea zone I've noticed it will retreat to Scotland.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
5cats
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:17 am

RE: Very Strange bug

Post by 5cats »

Yeah, it retreats right past my Battleship! lol!
So now I wait for it to pop into the North Sea and WHAMO! 0.04 vs 1.27
Neutral fleets do this also, but if you wipe out the neutrals on the first attack, they vanish. If it takes 2 attacks (even on the same turn) they join the enemy (which I think is buggy...)
And if you don't damage or destroy all the Netherlands units, they'll retreat to W France! Make sure you smack them good. Also look off the coast of France, there's Heavy Fleets to the west & south, which vanis after France falls :)
No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Very Strange bug

Post by Joel Billings »

I always like to send in a bomber to soften up the Dutch fleet first. This increases the chance you'll kill the unit instead of just damaging it.

All neutrals become like their big brother allies after the first attack (if they survive the first attack). The fleet surviving represents its getting out of port and joining the allies before the country surrendered as opposed to surrendering with the country.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
5cats
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:17 am

RE: Very Strange bug

Post by 5cats »

That "after first attack" part bothers me.
You can't soften up a neutral with an airstrike? What's up with that?
Not that one needs to, typically, but it seems strange. Shouldn't it be the first turn of attacks?
No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Very Strange bug

Post by Joel Billings »

My airstrike is after the fleet moves out to sea.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
5cats
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:17 am

RE: Very Strange bug

Post by 5cats »

Lol, yeah I knew that :)
And it doesn't matter in Netherlands anyhow, because they're WA troops already.
I mean in Spain, Sweden or Turkey, where an airstrike might help things out, eh?
No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”