Two bugs

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
Dragol
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:27 am

Two bugs

Post by Dragol »

1) PBEM: WA attacked German units in Africa. German units were destroyed despite being able to retreat to neighboring region. It even showed them retreating before it destroyed them.

2) Frequently I cannot move some of my units when I begin a PBEM turn, it says move is invalid. If I do some strategic movement elsewhere, then the units become unstuck.
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Two bugs

Post by Joel Billings »

1) They will show retreating even when damaged. Were they damaged? If so, if they don't have a transport link to a factory, they will be destroyed. If damged, you should find them on a factory repairing. You should have gotten a message saying Unit Destroyed if they were unable to get back to a factory. If you have a save that shows the problem, please send it to 2by3@2by3games.com.

2) I would need more details on this and/or a save to understand the problem. Maybe you are undoing moves that free up strategic movement capacity, or perhaps you don't have supplies available to move other than by rail and if the rail/transport capacity is used up they will appear frozen until that capaicty is free or supplies are moved near the unit (depending on your game option settings for supply).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Dragol
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:27 am

RE: Two bugs

Post by Dragol »

1) I'll look for the saved game. I think the units were undamaged.

2) The lock up occurs at the very beginning of a turn and only happens on tactial movement. I have seen it occur in the Middle East and in India. Game is set to normal supply and I have plenty of supply available. Strategic movement has never locked up. And like I said, if I move a few other units around, then then the locked up units become free to move.
I'll send in a saved game next time this occurs.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”