"Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

"Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post by CharonJr »

Hello,

noticed something strange when I started a new PBEM game yesterday.

I am playing the Axis in this game and have forgotten to divide the 5 nations between the 2 players.

So after I was done with my turn as Germany I had to save and load the game as Japan, but after I finshed my turn as Japan and wanted to send the turn along I noticed that the German "reload counter" was at 1.

Due to a friend's visit I saved the game (WaW was still running) and when he left I continued, but since it was the same file this shouldn't count as a "reload", right ?

To me it looks like the reload counter is at 1 due to "hotseat" playing the Axis in a PBEM game.

Since this is the first turn where you are not really able to cheat anyway my adversary said he has no problem with the counter being at one, but it does bug me ;)

Any ideas ?

CharonJr

Edit: It's Hotseat ;)
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: "Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post by Joel Billings »

Nothing comes to mind as far as why it would list the load count as 1 if you continued forward from the last save. Have you tried to duplicate this? If you can list out the exact steps and it repeats, we can try to figure it out.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
CharonJr
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:18 am

RE: "Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post by CharonJr »

Will try to give it a shot during the weekend.

CharonJr
MrQuiet
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:35 pm

RE: "Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post by MrQuiet »

Nothing comes to mind as far as why it would list the load count as 1 if you continued forward from the last save.

Are You saying that if I save in the middle of my turn, (i.e. real life comes a calling) that I can restart from that save and it will not increase the console number?

I did not know this. I like to watch the playback when I receive a file but do not always have the time to play the turn out. So a couple times I have done this and then when I do play my turn I have just re-loaded the same file, causeing the console to increase. I then of course explain to my opponent my case. Has not been a problem yet, but it looks like I could just save after watching the playback and then reload that when I play the turn.

Is this common knowledge? Do most know this? I had no idea.

Thanks
-MrQuiet
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: "Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post by Joel Billings »

As long as you only load a save once, and you always start from the latest save, the load count should not increase. I thought this was documented in the readme file note about the load count/console. It was intended for those that need to save the game and come back to it later.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
MrQuiet
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:35 pm

RE: "Hotseat PBEM" raises "reload counter" ?

Post by MrQuiet »

ahhh... the read me file. Cant say I remember reading that. My bad. Thanks for your response.

-MrQuiet
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”