GGWAW Noise During Play....

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
Kipper66
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 7:08 pm

GGWAW Noise During Play....

Post by Kipper66 »

I've just played World at War a couple of days and it's great, but I have this irritating frickin noise that plays in the background. It is mouse sensitive or screen sensitive at least. It worbles when you move the screen around especially in the Northern regions. The music in the game is bad enough but I really can't stand the noise. Anyone else have that problem. I'd like to keep the effects sound on so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Tac2i
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: WV USA

RE: GGWAW Noise During Play....

Post by Tac2i »

Have you installed the 1.016 patch? If so, what are your system specs? Have you checked to be sure you have the latest sound drivers for you system? The music can be turned off by the way.

----------------------------
Roy, old wargamers never die
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Kipper66
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 7:08 pm

RE: GGWAW Noise During Play....

Post by Kipper66 »

Sorry, I forgot my specs and background. I have a PIII 800MHZ with a 1GB RAM a screaming video card I just upgraded and a Soundblaster Live card. I have all the latest drivers for the hardware including the audio. I reduced the video quality to test with no luck.

As for the music I know that I can turn it off but I'm looking for a way to add some more music files without mucking up the scipt file for the game. I play a lot of WWII games and have a large collection of martial music from Wagner to movies and things.

The sound is fine on all my other recent games like WoW, Hearts of Iron II, Pirates, Rome TW etc. etc. I installed the patch before playing my first game. Maybe I should do a complete uninstall test w/o patch then repatch.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”