2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
User avatar
Old Timer
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 2:38 am
Location: Texas

2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Old Timer »

2v2 need exp Russian, I would like to play the allies need help with the Japs. New to the game and have only played without advanced supply rules. I still dont grasp the supply part but would like to play a game to learn and see others strategies. Any takes for the noob?

Old Timer
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by wobbly »

well just maanged to finish my first game playing allies - with a win - yah. i think I went OK as Russians - is that enough? (advanced supply was used)
[center]
Image
[/center]
User avatar
Svend Karlson
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 pm

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Svend Karlson »

Hello there,

Are you in need of a honest, hard working, Axis player? [:D]
MikeB
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:04 am
Location: Ottawa Canada

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by MikeB »

25 yrs gaming experience...much of it with WWII should qualify me...for something - divorce? my wife says "not yet". hmmm.

I have played about 5 1/10 games of WAW now. 5 of them against AI, 1/10 against Human with me as Allies(R, WA, C). This 1/10 game is only one with advanced supply.

I have played extensively SSI War in Russia(1st edition by Grigsby) and about 2 yrs of Matrix WIR by email(3 games completed)

I tend to be able to get a turn done weekday mornings BEFORE going to work and another at night. Friday night is face to face gaming...so no computer gaming.

email Mike at
ben6249f_at_yahoo.com
Ottawa Canada.
User avatar
Old Timer
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 2:38 am
Location: Texas

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Old Timer »

Sounds like we have a game.
Svend and MikeB will be Axis.
Wobbly and I will be Allies.
Wobbly do u have an Email address that I can contact by once the game gets going?
I have not played with advanced Supply rules but will learn them on the fly if needed.
Since I have not played a PBEM game I'm not sure how to start. Please advise and lets get the rules that we want to play by. Is there a veteran player who can take control?

Old Timer
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by wobbly »

OT

address is wobbly1 at actrix dot gen dot nz

Axis is the first to move so it will be started by either svent or mike
[center]
Image
[/center]
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by wobbly »

I seem to be having a problem with my mail account not accepting turn files can you try this mail account for the game instead:

hill_alistair at yahoo dot co dot nz

thanks
[center]
Image
[/center]
User avatar
Svend Karlson
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 pm

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Svend Karlson »

My email is benrichardson@btopenworld.com

Unless anyone says otherwise, settings will be FoW on, advanced supplies on, and no auto or area supply.

Mike - would you prefer Germany or Japan? I'm okay with either

MikeB
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:04 am
Location: Ottawa Canada

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by MikeB »

Mike as Axis....I thought the "old timer" was looking for a Russian?
ok. I am still in.

On basis that I have 2 matrix stars...vs Svend one star...I will offer to take Germany.
This means I post the 1st action, pass it to Svend for Japan
who passes it to ? for Russia.

Please await a couple of emails between Mike - Svend to establish overall strategy prior to starting the game. I believe the "old timer" is not available May 14-22 so the game may actually NOT start till he returns.

A general question.
Should one email their completed turn to all parties, or just the next player in sequence? This could effect turn replay study or preparation time to do your own turn.
I have never played a PBEM game where 2 partners are against 2 other partners. Hmm. not quite true. I played Victory run out of Colorado for several years. We had 5 local players playing against wherever. Rather than PBEM, one submitted one's orders to Victory who processed the turn...for a price. Victory WWII is zone movement for each of about 50 countries. We were middle east. The game had its problems and we identified numerous ways for Victory to improve their game . I eventually dropped out because i believed resources were unbalanced and our major remaining opponents controlling all of Europe would not divulge their overall stats.

oh, byway...I trust everyone has downloaded the v1.016 patch edition.

Another point...since i am the setup person....
Who controls China....Russia or West Allies?

A followup will identify/clarify my understanding of the setup

I think i look forward to this game.
Mike B
ben6249f_at_yahoo.com
Ontario Canada
MikeB
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:04 am
Location: Ottawa Canada

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by MikeB »

oops.
was sending a sample set up game to all parties for confirmation.

email of "Old Timer" ...is ....?

My understanding of PBEM is that players send emails directly to each other for game turns. The matrix web page can be used for identifying the grief of your opponent(s). :)

a DRAFT setup is being sent to Wobbly and Svent.
I will await their approval.

I tend to like the idea that one's defence is done by default...though others on this game forum have complained of useless usage of critical supply points. Svend has voted for no autosupply and no area supply(i think)

I agree to no auto supply...but would vote for area supply
Area supply leads to supply being moved automatically(outside of player's control). It is NOT necessarily USED...just positioned for defence(if needed) after player completes his turn. Rules 10.7 ...
User avatar
Svend Karlson
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 pm

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Svend Karlson »

Mike - I think area/auto supply are by request only. If you want it yourself by all means take it, but please turn it off for me. There is no problem because we have all have individual settings and it doesn't convey any advantage.
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33773
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Joel Billings »

Unfortunately area and auto supply are game options that impact everyone. Sorry, you need to decide as a group whether you will have it in a game or not. If you aren't starting until the 22nd, you might want to wait for the next patch as it should be out by then. Of course I don't want to slow you down if you're all ready to start now and there's always a chance the patch will slide a few days.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Old Timer
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 2:38 am
Location: Texas

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Old Timer »

Sry for the confussion Mike, my email is wjohnson101a@hotmail.com.
I am ready to play anytime, as far as the rules to play by I'll learn the advance supply on the fly and have never played with the auto/area supply so I dont have a preference.

This is my first PBEM and I have very little gaming experiance, I wanted a Russian partner to help me with the Allies. Lets decide on the rules and play.

Old Timer
User avatar
Svend Karlson
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 pm

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Svend Karlson »

Thanks for letting me know Joel [:)]

Well I do ask for no auto or area then - I find it an annoyance as it prevents rather than helps my control of supply.

Cheers
User avatar
Old Timer
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 2:38 am
Location: Texas

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by Old Timer »

As far as im concerned let Russin control China, are you ok with that Wobbly?

Old Timer
MikeB
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:04 am
Location: Ottawa Canada

RE: 2v2, need Exp. Russian will play allie

Post by MikeB »

Old Timer :
Thankyou for the email address. Welcome to PBEM gaming. The mechanics can be a little challenging at first...but it does get done. You might remember to download the game file as version one, do your turn, save it as version two. I tend to have Game#, turn#, side finished as a file naming convention. You could put date on it...but i see this particular file save/load system includes the date in the associated data.

suspect Russia running China...causes an extra email step.
ie . Russia, WA, then China...in the game sequence. oops. just noted on the setup screen that China is between Russia and WA, neat. so yeah, i guess Russia could run China without extra email. You can forget much of the following commentary on China. I leave it in as something for you and Wobbly to talk on.
WA would need to go , then Russia would go again to do China.

China is not much work. Be Brave! You could provide your ally your password to WA such that he could show you what to do with China...for you to actually do it in the game. He would skip over WA activity as <pass movement>, <pass production> and provide notes to you as to what to do with China. China gets minimum production...which the Japs hope to take away, has very few units, and very little land mass to be concerned with.

You might send private email to members of this game saying something about yourself.

My wife drags me to church Sunday morns.
I should be able to provide a starting G turn by tonight or afternoon Sunday.

Mike B
ben6249f_at_yahoo_com
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents Wanted”