aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.
Post Reply
Rocco
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:59 pm
Location: IL, USA

aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by Rocco »

Hello,

I know that if I halt the Nell factory on turn one it auto upgrades for free on Jan. 1.

My question is, will Nates and Claudes auto upgrade for free to Oscars and Zeros on Jan 1 too?

Thanks,

Rocco
Image
User avatar
Oznoyng
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:05 pm
Location: Mars

RE: aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by Oznoyng »

ORIGINAL: Rocco

Hello,

I know that if I halt the Nell factory on turn one it auto upgrades for free on Jan. 1.

My question is, will Nates and Claudes auto upgrade for free to Oscars and Zeros on Jan 1 too?

Thanks,

Rocco

No (at least not Jan 1, 42) and Yes. Note that there is something that causes auto upgrades to be delayed sometimes. I believe it may have something to do with supply levels at the base, but that is just a theory.
"There is no Black or White, only shades of Grey."
"If you aren't a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem."
Rocco
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:59 pm
Location: IL, USA

RE: aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by Rocco »

Does that mean it will happen, just might be on Jan 6 1942 or something like that?

Or do you mean it could take till May or later? Sorry, I have a thick skull.

Rocco
Image
User avatar
Mark VII
Posts: 1850
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Brentwood,TN

RE: aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by Mark VII »

I have seen the Nells go Betty on Jan 1, 1942, also Mavis to Emily on Jan 1, for free. I

believe Nate factories don't turn Oscar till Jan 1,1943(for free). I wonder if any other a/c

type do the free auto-convert thing and when are they scheduled to do it? Any help out

there?

thanks....

ORIGINAL: Rocco

Hello,

I know that if I halt the Nell factory on turn one it auto upgrades for free on Jan. 1.

My question is, will Nates and Claudes auto upgrade for free to Oscars and Zeros on Jan 1 too?

Thanks,

Rocco
Image
User avatar
testarossa
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:06 pm

RE: aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by testarossa »

ORIGINAL: Rocco

Does that mean it will happen, just might be on Jan 6 1942 or something like that?

Or do you mean it could take till May or later? Sorry, I have a thick skull.

Rocco

It happens sometimes on any day later in the month. Something to do with supplies and oil.
User avatar
Sinjen
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

RE: aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by Sinjen »

The early oscar factory converts to Tony's (The one at Gumma)
User avatar
Hoplosternum
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:39 pm
Location: Romford, England

RE: aircraft factory auto upgrade question

Post by Hoplosternum »

Nates default upgrade is to Oscar IIs I believe. Hence they don't upgrade until the beginning of '43 when these aircraft come in.
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”