ORIGINAL: Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Tristanjohn
Well, now, isn't that typical of how this project has gone? You decide to take feedback on a forum from people who mainly haven't a clue, who, in the balance of things, wish most of all to play a kind of PTO shooter, and then down the road use that as the excuse why the model doesn't behave properly. I love it. [:D]
posting derogatory comments about other posters who have provided feedback about the game wont hide the fact that you were 100% wrong in your comment about the developers not listening nor that they wern't aware that a fighter has only so much ammo.
I love it [:D] [8|]
Some things must be taken for granted, or at least should be in the course of a normal conversation. One of those things which must be taken for granted is that when I say the developers have not listened to feedback, what I mean to say and what ought to be clear is that they haven't listen to and/or responded to pertinent feedback by users who know what they're talking about. Most of the people in this forum do not know what they're talking about. And they never will. This is because most people (the world over, not just in the this forum) never bother to do their research, and some of these couldn't make heads or tails of it even if they did. They haven't the capacity for that sort of work. A kind of unpleasant truth, isn't it?
So, your feedback now (which is not hews here--I've heard this any number of times before from "the boys") is that the developers did listen . . . only it turns out they only bothered to listen to the "children" amongst us.
Any other wisdom you'd like to impart?
Like I say, none of this comes as news to me. Indeed, I clearly, forcefully and in some quarters no doubt painfully predicted precisely how the WitP project was likely to flow down the old GG road over three years ago. I told the forum in no uncertain terms that the development team was running the project like some neighborhood treehouse, that the team was riddled with obviously incompetent people and furthermore refused to listen to well-founded, reasoned and experienced feedback . . . from the general forum. True to form, instead of biting that bitter bullet the development team chose to continue to listen to people who do not know what they speak about, though they do happen to speak in round numbers.
After delivering that all-too unpopular message, and absorbing all sorts of abuse in the process, I departed these boards for a year and half--call it a sabbatical of sorts--and patiently waited to see just what shape WitP would actually arrive in. And now we can all see for ourselves, right? It's screwed up, from front to back it's screwed up, to the point where the "solution" today to problems, just for example, such as too many overly-effective B-17s on the map is to simply castratre that plane until it becomes veritable fodder for not only the super Zeros Gary's designed (and has always designed) into his game, but according to another poster a week or so ago float planes as well.
That's what I'd call "not getting it."
All I basically hear now is all I heard three years ago when I signed in and began to discuss Uncommon Valor. I hear, with absolute clarity, the same denial, doubletalk and disdain for common sense which passed for intelligent discourse then. That is what I hear.
The results ingame, of course, and in spite of the company line, speak for themselves. These bear, in all too many cases, no relation to history whatsoever--are totally preposterous in some (all too many) instances. Yet all you can say in defense is that it has to be that way . . . to keep the Nintendo crowd happy?
Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that.









