Newbie Questions

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
aclarion
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:48 am

Newbie Questions

Post by aclarion »

Greetings,
I am kind of new to Steel Panthers. I have tried it in the past and reaklly enjoyed it. There is a lot to learn so my question is: How is the best waty to learn the game? I am an avid reader and wish that there was some kind of Instruction Manual I could follow along with.

Anyway, I look forward to playing this outstanding game.

Rick
User avatar
Major Destruction
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

RE: Newbie Questions

Post by Major Destruction »

First, you can print the manual included with the game.
Then you could play through the tutorials which are featured in the manual

The SPWAW Depot is busily producing a series of manual/tutorial sets on the game.
They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC
aclarion
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:48 am

RE: Newbie Questions

Post by aclarion »

Thanks, I'll take it down to Staples and print it out!
Possusoturi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:49 am

RE: Newbie Questions

Post by Possusoturi »

Greetings.

Might there be a thread where veteran players advise us newbies on some common grand mistakes? I tried searching one, but could´t find, probably because I did not know how to properly use search engine.
"my enemy went to heaven, I was left to fight in hell"
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Newbie Questions

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Or maybe because the search engine doesn't work properly, which it doesn't; someone theorised once that the forum had grown too big.

Anyway, why not ask your questions right here on this thread?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
VikingNo2
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:00 am
Location: NC
Contact:

RE: Newbie Questions

Post by VikingNo2 »

Hi, after you play the tutorials then I would sugest playing the long campaign, starting in 1939 going throught the war play as the Germans, it will get you used to all the different equipment as you up grade
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”