SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
JavF
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:00 am
Contact:

SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

Post by JavF »

Just started playing SP WAW again.
I've been experiencing the game screen going black regularly during the game.
Scrolling the screen solves the problem. But it happens again and again.
has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

I'm using a ATI Radeon 9600 XT with the Catalyst version 5.8 driver.

Thanks.
[&:]
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

Post by DuckofTindalos »

It happens to everybody, irrespective of graphics card, and there appears to be no fix. I've learned to live with it.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

Post by Alby »

I never had it happen to me before I updated a graphics driver....I then rolled back to the previous driver and the problem went away...I suspect that the problem lies in some particular drivers.

User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

Post by KG Erwin »

JavF, check out the "Technical Issues" sticky.

Certain video cards, and newer drivers for them, just don't get along with SPWaW. I had a PNY GeForce MX420 in my old PC, and never had any problems until I upgraded the drivers. I had to rollback to an earlier version. My Dimension 2400 has had no issues at all, so far (crossing fingers & knocking on wood).
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

Post by DuckofTindalos »

I said "no fix" because rolling back your graphics drivers might not be an option for some people, considering that they MIGHT (shock, horror) have other games they like to run on their computer.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I said "no fix" because rolling back your graphics drivers might not be an option for some people, considering that they MIGHT (shock, horror) have other games they like to run on their computer.

Yes, I agree. I wish I could afford to have a second PC dedicated solely to playing SPWaW, but I have to feed my family and keep the electricity on. [8|]
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”