NTFS to FAT to NTFS?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
doktor1957
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:31 pm

NTFS to FAT to NTFS?

Post by doktor1957 »

Ok, if I don't solve this problem, I swear I'm going to leap off my office chair!
I've been having problems transferring saved games from my office computer to my laptop. I recently built a new machine, AMD 64 bit processer, and can no longer transfer games from my home computer to my laptop via my lexar media. I don't have my router set up yet so I can't just transfer directly to my laptop. It occurs to me that my lexar thumb drive is FAT, while both laptop and office computer are NTFS. could this be causing my problem?


Dave...suicidal in San Diego
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: NTFS to FAT to NTFS?

Post by Nomad »

there should be no problem. When one of your computers transfers data to the thumb drive it is just a stream of bytes. the actual file format of the disk will make no difference. For awhile I had one hard drive with FAT32 and one with NTFS in the same box. No problem with that.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”