Air Strike Crash

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
James P
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Bedford, UK

Air Strike Crash

Post by James P »

Been playing a guy PBEM for 10 turns into our current game. I played out my move with no problems, then hit end turn.

One of his Typhoons came screaming in and took out a Panther with a rocket, then another appeared and stopped a hex in front of it's target. While the Typhoon was sitting there on the map, all the little red dots in the centre of the units displayed on screen started to flash, and in the unit info bar the stats of one of my snipers was being flashed on and off (it wasn't even the unit being targeted by the Typhoon) The game seemingly was still working, as a near by SPAA gun fired off all it's OP shots. Once it was out of shots, the game was locked and I had to break out to windows and end the spwaw task.

Very odd - I've been error free for about 6 months on version 6.1, so just reporting this out of interest.....
Cheers,

JP
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

Anybody else see this???

Seems to be one of thsoe isolated cases of likely cuased by some obscure combination of Windows calls aligning wrong...
Svennemir
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Svennemir »

I also had a problem with airstrikes, but not exactly the same... I'm pretty sure it was in 6.1, and it goes like this:

AI ending turn.
My planes diving to attack.
1st plane attacks and works correctly.
2nd plane attacks, fires correctly, and is then about to climb. But then the plane stops moving. It simply stays in the same hex while I watch the shadow "move" farther and farther away (meaning the aircraft climbs). But the plane stays en the hex for infinity, even though the shadow "exits" the screen.

I had to close the game from windows.

I tried loading the last savegame, but the plane was still bugged. I haven't experienced that at any other time, though.
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”