The Fandom For H2H

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
VikingNo2
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:00 am
Location: NC
Contact:

RE: The Fandom For H2H

Post by VikingNo2 »

Its seems in H2H arty is more deadly as far as causing casualties to infantry, thats my experience anyway. I have never raised my arty up it seems that 100% is fine IMO
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

RE: The Fandom For H2H

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: TokyoBoyTensai


What does 'hidden arty' mean? I don't know anything about h2h accept from the AARs I thought it was for multiplayer to make all the nations have equal units or something so Germany doesn't have uber armor units. I may be way offbase with this impression.

Does artillery in h2h do more damage? I noticed the arty in 8.4 did no damage at all so I set it to 140 soft & hard for both sides and now get small casualties like 1-3 from hits on infantry. I think that's about realistic cause I've read in different places that arty caused like 75% of the casualties in WWII so boosting it to 140 makes it more realistic. What about in that mod? Is h2h the same as 7.1 or something?

When your arty hits, it does not give away casualty reports, letting you know that you have hit something, like it does now in SPWAW

soldier
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 4:58 am

RE: The Fandom For H2H

Post by soldier »

Panzer Leo's OOBs were based on SPWaW 7.1, which had flaws and led to the 8.0 series.

Some of you guys swear by this, but, other than the Germans, who are uberpowerful and have cool pictures, it is just for fun or does it have any basis for historical balance? If not, then you guys are engaging in nothing more than fantasy gaming.

Artur, I direct this to you in particular -- in real life, your nation's armed forces (Hungary)were a non-entity. SPwaW 8.4 shows the historical reality -- H2H just "feels right", eh?
.

I completely disagree. The changes in H2H were IMHO a vast improvement over 7.1 and far from fantasy gaming, paint a much more historical picture of the war. If a nation had certain advantages then chances are it is reflected more so in H2H than in any of the V8 series despite gaming balance (which funnily enough is there). As for the Germans being uber powerful, they are much stronger in 8.4 thanks to the cut in everyone elses Exp/morale ratings.
Where do you come up with this stuff ?... I won't even start on the "Hungarian non entity" comment.
User avatar
sztartur2
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:59 pm
Location: Budapest,Hungary

RE: The Fandom For H2H

Post by sztartur2 »

ORIGINAL: soldier

The changes in H2H were IMHO a vast improvement over 7.1 and far from fantasy gaming, paint a much more historical picture of the war. If a nation had certain advantages then chances are it is reflected more so in H2H than in any of the V8 series despite gaming balance (which funnily enough is there). As for the Germans being uber powerful, they are much stronger in 8.4 thanks to the cut in everyone elses Exp/morale ratings.
Where do you come up with this stuff ?...

I completely agree with the statement above. I won't even comment more on the Hungarians being a non entity , Gunny's doing strange things around here lately.

Artur.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu
mattenhoff
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:18 am

RE: The Fandom For H2H

Post by mattenhoff »

Gunny, you posted exactly the same post at the Depot!

Been fishing lately, have you?[:-]

What's the point, man?
PimpYourAFV
Posts: 581
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:49 pm
Location: Japan

RE: The Fandom For H2H

Post by PimpYourAFV »

ORIGINAL: Alby
When your arty hits, it does not give away casualty reports, letting you know that you have hit something, like it does now in SPWAW

[/quote]

Okay thanks. That sounds like a good idea for sure.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”