Faces

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: puresimmer

Post Reply
User avatar
HercMighty
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Faces

Post by HercMighty »

My system will only assign 19 faces. Also it says everytime that I try and do the auto assign that the contents have changed and wants to rebuild the cache even though the contents have not.
puresimmer
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:39 pm
Contact:

RE: Faces

Post by puresimmer »

First of all that "contents changed" message is misleading, it is coming up because I flush the cache when you click that button.

First of all you should not have to use this feature unless you created an association before you had faces installed.

What type of faces are you trying to import? Real players or fictional? The reason I am asking is because depending on what faces you are trying to use they need to be in a very specifically named folder and it looks like the Matrix Gold install did not create those empty folders so you'll have to create them manually. Let me know and I'll walk you through it.
Developer, PureSim Baseball
User avatar
HercMighty
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

RE: Faces

Post by HercMighty »

I am playing a 2004 replay with the database that is available for download. I downloaded the face pack that was available for download in one of the threads here. Put it into D:\PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition\mods\faces and I have folders for 1920's to 1990's, Generic, Pre1920, Presentday. This should all be correct?
Edward
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:07 pm

RE: Faces

Post by Edward »

I d/l'd the face pack. There are a lot of players from the 80's missing. I filled in every missing player but I'm not sure how to upload the updated version.
User avatar
HercMighty
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

RE: Faces

Post by HercMighty »

BUMP
puresimmer
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:39 pm
Contact:

RE: Faces

Post by puresimmer »

Here is what the folder structure should look like. Also, once you have all these folders in place with the appropriate face files in each, delete "photocache.mdb" in the faces folder and launch PureSim. Lastly, make sure you check the box when creating an association to use player photos.





Image
Attachments
faces.jpg
faces.jpg (63.78 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Developer, PureSim Baseball
User avatar
HercMighty
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

RE: Faces

Post by HercMighty »

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Here is what the folder structure should look like. Also, once you have all these folders in place with the appropriate face files in each, delete "photocache.mdb" in the faces folder and launch PureSim. Lastly, make sure you check the box when creating an association to use player photos.





Image

My folder looks exactly like that except for my directory is: D:\PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition

I deleted file.
I started Puresim.
It dedected the files and created a Cache.
Started new season with the faces selected.

No faces in game.
Tried the auto-assign button, only 18 faces assigned.

[:(]
puresimmer
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:39 pm
Contact:

RE: Faces

Post by puresimmer »

Real players or fictional?

What face pack did you use?
Developer, PureSim Baseball
User avatar
HercMighty
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

RE: Faces

Post by HercMighty »

I am using the Laham Database to do a 2004 replay. Real Players.

I am using the face pack from here:

http://www.puresim.com/download2k5.aspx

I found the link in this thread:

tm.asp?m=958572

Now for any face it cannot find it should assign generic faces correct? Is there a better face pack out there?

Thanks
puresimmer
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:39 pm
Contact:

RE: Faces

Post by puresimmer »

A ha!

Now I see your problem. The face pack you downloaded is for fictional associations and was not designed to worl with real player associations. You'll need to get a face pack designed for real players / PureSim and extract its files to the "PresentDay" folder.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
User avatar
HercMighty
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:09 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

RE: Faces

Post by HercMighty »

Anybody know where?
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”