Can't finish the installation

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: puresimmer

Post Reply
gregoryvanhouten
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:37 pm
Contact:

Can't finish the installation

Post by gregoryvanhouten »

I tried to install this game twice last night. I even paid for it twice, but when I plugged in the S/N from the order page during installation, it would not accept it as an order number. I recieved no emails with an order number. How do I get past this last hurdle?

Thanks,
vanjapan
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Can't finish the installation

Post by Erik Rutins »

You should be able to retrieve your serial number at any time from the Online Store, either by following the FAQs or going to www.findmyorder.com. Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
gregoryvanhouten
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:37 pm
Contact:

RE: Can't finish the installation

Post by gregoryvanhouten »

Erik,
I have the serial number, but it will not work in the order number box for installing the game. The serail number seems to be 2 numbers too long for the order number box on the installation. The download went fine, and is in my hard drive, I just cannot install it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
vanjapan
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Can't finish the installation

Post by Erik Rutins »

Gregory,

I'm not sure what order number box you are seeing. The installer should only have one box, for the serial number, which consists of 16 characters in groups of four separated by dashes, like so: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Is the number you're using formatted like that or something else? Don't post the number, just let me know if it is like that. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
gregoryvanhouten
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:37 pm
Contact:

RE: Can't finish the installation

Post by gregoryvanhouten »

Erik,
I just paid for it a third time, and this time was offered the physical disc and download option, which is what I wanted. Everything worked fine. Maybe I didn't put the dashes in last time[:'(]. Should I call Matrix and try to have them cancel the two previous attempts?

Thanks for your help,
vanjapan
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Can't finish the installation

Post by Erik Rutins »

Gregory, er, yes - please e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com and note the previous two order IDs so that we can verify with DR and start the refund process. We did announce on release that it would take a week for the boxed options to be available. If I understand you correctly, the latest download installed without a problem?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”