i have a carrier-capable SBD unit on each of the CVEs and running ASW patrols just off noumea. will this turn carrier-capable units into carrier-trained units?
OT loved the OKW (oberkommando der Wifen) comment in another post.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post by michaelm75au »

I want YOU to be MY commander....NOT!!![:D]ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Don't worry about it. All that will happen is higher ops losses.
The joy of playing the Allies is that you have plenty of replacement planes and pilots. If a carrier capable plane flown by a non carrier trained pilot goes into the drink there are 20 more of each waiting to replace him.

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Don't worry about it. All that will happen is higher ops losses.
The joy of playing the Allies is that you have plenty of replacement planes and pilots. If a carrier capable plane flown by a non carrier trained pilot goes into the drink there are 20 more of each waiting to replace him.
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Don't worry about it. All that will happen is higher ops losses.
The joy of playing the Allies is that you have plenty of replacement planes and pilots. If a carrier capable plane flown by a non carrier trained pilot goes into the drink there are 20 more of each waiting to replace him.
Post by michaelm75au »
ORIGINAL: michaelm
That is one thing about arm-chair generals...just keep throwing troops at enemy. There are plenty of resources to build new ones.[;)]
Michael
[Must admit sometimes, I do same thing...just a a few more units and I will conquer that city.]
Post by DuckofTindalos »
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
I want YOU to be MY commander....NOT!!![:D]

ORIGINAL: Terminus
Well, the Soviets did it too...
ORIGINAL: Tophat
Granted,but its abit rough on the japanese now isn't it?
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
I think of it as a Darwinian system to weed out the poor pilots. The good ones will gain experience and the poor ones will be replaced by new inexperienced one. Thus goes the circe of life.[;)]

With grunts maybe...but with pilots, it's "that's an expensive plane!!!"[:D]ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
This from a Marine?[:)]. I thought that Marines were just a form of ammunition waiting to be expended.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”







