SH3 goes gold is it just me

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Tankerace
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:23 pm
Location: Stillwater, OK, United States

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by Tankerace »

I always do a down the throat shot. In my 100% realism career, I have bagged close to 12 tin cans. Part of that is a I got it down almost to a science in the first Silent Hunter. Of course, when ASW gets REALLY bad, Im gonna go deep and hide.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
User avatar
DeepSix
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Music City

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by DeepSix »

BTW -- I think you should try marketing "Kablammo" over at subsim. Or maybe come up with a product designed to squash bugs AND retro-engineer "design decisions." That way, we could actually have useful saves.[:D]
Image
User avatar
Tankerace
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:23 pm
Location: Stillwater, OK, United States

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by Tankerace »

Uh-oh..... ideas are brewing..... [:D]
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
User avatar
DeepSix
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Music City

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by DeepSix »

Looking forward to them!
Image
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by freeboy »

OBOY! I just ran into a now escorted convoy just West of Ireland.. several C2 and T3.. lots aof good hunting... I just love getting inside a convoy and opening up fron and back and then scooting away.. reloading and doing it all again... first time sunk 8 ships.. and my system locked up, second time got 6 and two wounded, but a dd showed up and ruined my happy time, low on torps'0' and amo.. 105 down to 6 rounds of HE time to head into port... that was cruise 10, and I am close to starting 1942.. does anyone know if there is a radar detector upgrade at some point?
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
DamoclesX
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:50 pm
Location: Canada

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by DamoclesX »

ya there are a ton of convoys there, but still not big ships for me, damnit, I want to torpedo something worth torpedoing, a nice bb, maby a carrier or to, how many damn destroyers were there in this war anyways!!! I sink so many and still you cant go anywhere without running into them.
Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by wodin »

Just returning from my first mission. I a type II with two ships sunk for 8824 tons.

Fired last two toprs at a C2 that both hit but didn't go down.

So I head for home plot course and up thespeed to 1028.

I'm think I should save as when I first tried the game I used the map to navigate out to sea and then whack right into the harbour.

But I didn't and then after thinking I'd plotted at a safe enough distance whack.......dead.......the end.

Shame that you have to manually navigate into the harbour.

Very annoyed.
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by freeboy »

why do you not "esc" and end the patrol.. then zip back to base?
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by wodin »

Damn didn't know you could do that.
User avatar
DeepSix
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Music City

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by DeepSix »

[sarcasm]Boo! Hiss! That is much too gamey![:-] Much more realistic to sail back home yourself![:'(][/sarcasm]

Out of curiosity, do you know if you get any extra renown points or other bonus if you take the trouble to sail back home rather than ESC -> Exit? I'm still planning on sailing back, but just wondered.
Image
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by freeboy »

I think not, reknown for finnishing objectives and sinking enemy ships
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by Charles2222 »

Patch v1.2 is out.
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by freeboy »

stupid patch made my computer reboot after I tried to start the game! worked fine the next launch though!... its 42 and the Brits are already better.. must be using surface radar.. they see me in the dark! way off through fog etc!... When does my radar detector come? ever?
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
DeepSix
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:10 am
Location: Music City

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by DeepSix »

I think you get a fuzzbuster with the Type XXII[;)].
Image
User avatar
testarossa
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:06 pm

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by testarossa »

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

Patch v1.2 is out.

It introduced escort zigzag on attack course. So no more 3 DDs sunk in one mission.[:D]
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by freeboy »

I just had a long escort at night jump me in the shallows near NY... glad I had good sonar and evasion tecniques.. he lost me in the clatter and I was after a long and frightening experence able to surface.. at one point had water pooring in to the aft crew quarters.. yet the hull inteegrity stayed at 100%? odd... Also new and cool, I now have the use of star shells... this game rocks
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
Charles2222
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2001 10:00 am

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by Charles2222 »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I just had a long escort at night jump me in the shallows near NY... glad I had good sonar and evasion tecniques.. he lost me in the clatter and I was after a long and frightening experence able to surface.. at one point had water pooring in to the aft crew quarters.. yet the hull inteegrity stayed at 100%? odd... Also new and cool, I now have the use of star shells... this game rocks

Didn't you know that the aft quarters are also a makeshift shower? Maybe they don't consider the inner piping as part of the "hull" integrity, though bad pipes can cause flooding of course.
User avatar
Grouchy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Nuenen, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
Contact:

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by Grouchy »

ORIGINAL: DeepSix

[sarcasm]Boo! Hiss! That is much too gamey![:-] Much more realistic to sail back home yourself![:'(][/sarcasm]

Out of curiosity, do you know if you get any extra renown points or other bonus if you take the trouble to sail back home rather than ESC -> Exit? I'm still planning on sailing back, but just wondered.


If you take the trouble to sail back home I think you get 100 extra renown points.

From the basic.cfg file:
CompletedPatrol=100
Image
User avatar
freeboy
Posts: 8969
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Colorado

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by freeboy »

complete patrol could be defined as returning to port, even with the "esc" key.. good ? for the "other " forum...
"Tanks forward"
User avatar
UndercoverNotChickenSalad
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Denial Aisle
Contact:

RE: SH3 goes gold is it just me

Post by UndercoverNotChickenSalad »

The game SH3 is a hit!

I love it Image
Image
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”