or the mood landing occurred.
I don't know about the mood landing, but I can tell you where I was for the moon landing. On my living room floor in front of a B&W TV.[:D]
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
or the mood landing occurred.
ORIGINAL: Orm
Could we ponder on nice things now? Please.
Every forum needs a spelling and grammar Nazi. Guess who's ours? [:D]ORIGINAL: rustysi
or the mood landing occurred.
I don't know about the mood landing, but I can tell you where I was for the moon landing. On my living room floor in front of a B&W TV.[:D]
warspite1ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: geofflambert
My internet connection is quite tenuous at the moment, but I'll try to post.
I was discussing with a friend how each generation has witnessed an event where they do not forget where they were or what they were thinking when it happened. For example:
December 7th, 1941
November 22nd, 1963
September 11th, 2001
September 13th, 2009 when Kanye accepted Taylor's VMA award on her behalf (and Beyonce's) while she was right there on the stage.
No idea what happened on the first two, the third date rings a bell but can't quite picture it. The last one of course I remember very well and exactly what I was doing at the time. Only one other flashbulb date comes close for me personally:
8th January 2016 - Justin Bieber makes UK chart history with the top 3 chart singles all at the same time
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
Generally the big events are shared events , the and often were a shock , therefore not good. So I think that's the difference , the good memories are generally personal , the bad shared big ones that we were helpless to influence.

I'll never again eat watermelon unless I have verified that it was intact before being sliced ....ORIGINAL: warspite1
WARNING: ADULT HUMOUR
I don't know if you guys over the pond got to see Armstrong and Miller show a few years back. Some of their stuff was very, very funny. This is their take on where were you/what were you doing when........
Assassination of President Kennedy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXDOk0vq4aI
).ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I'll never again eat watermelon unless I have verified that it was intact before being sliced ....

ORIGINAL: Macclan5
Feb 28 2010 : Vancouver Olympics. Hockey. Canada 3 USA 2 in overtime. Sydney Crosby scores (...of course who else could have it been)

Watch the video - the watermelon gets some carving before being sliced.ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I'll never again eat watermelon unless I have verified that it was intact before being sliced ....
[&:] Of course it was intact before being sliced. Do you think it grows pre-sliced?
I won't complain about the outcome, but the thing that made it great was the hard fought battle by both sides. Some people think sports ARE their life, but to me they are another form of entertainment which I can take or leave as my mood suits me.ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Macclan5
Feb 28 2010 : Vancouver Olympics. Hockey. Canada 3 USA 2 in overtime. Sydney Crosby scores (...of course who else could have it been)
I'm a passive fan of hockey, but even I thought that was a monumentally great game. [&o]
Except for the outcome. [:'(]
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I'll never again eat watermelon unless I have verified that it was intact before being sliced ....
[&:] Of course it was intact before being sliced. Do you think it grows pre-sliced?

ORIGINAL: Lecivius
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
I'll never again eat watermelon unless I have verified that it was intact before being sliced ....
[&:] Of course it was intact before being sliced. Do you think it grows pre-sliced?
![]()
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Macclan5
Feb 28 2010 : Vancouver Olympics. Hockey. Canada 3 USA 2 in overtime. Sydney Crosby scores (...of course who else could have it been)
I'm a passive fan of hockey, but even I thought that was a monumentally great game. [&o]
Except for the outcome. [:'(]
warspite1ORIGINAL: Macclan5
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Macclan5
Feb 28 2010 : Vancouver Olympics. Hockey. Canada 3 USA 2 in overtime. Sydney Crosby scores (...of course who else could have it been)
I'm a passive fan of hockey, but even I thought that was a monumentally great game. [&o]
Except for the outcome. [:'(]
Even as a passive fan of Hockey... You may recall Al Michael's great call about the Miracle on Ice... and where you were and what your were watching (?) .. what you were drinking (?)... who you were with (?) ... circa February 24 1980 ....???
Now I didn't watch that game and so know of it after the fact.
As I say I don't want to come across as some type of hockey super fan / or even sports super fan.
Really I think I am typical.
However Hockey is deeply rooted in Canadian culture and so Team Canada milestones are often shared by the entire nation.
I see a few Americans post of Baseball games with Dad etc.. and I fully understand that... especially as Baseball has or had deep ties in American culture as well. I suspect with the British here it may be "their football our soccer". Each culture will probably have some sort of milestone sport.
I think that I can remember so clearly a date, a time, who I was with, the circumstances so clearly is that sports (as entertainment) mixed with National Patriotism, likely a few pints, and some of your best friends and family at that moment in time is a very heady cocktail.
Next to the birth of my kids probably the clearest memories.
Whereas it seems to me (perhaps its only me) that other events even 9 / 11 seem to be less succinct. I mean I know the date. I am not exactly sure where I was or who was near me... only that the morning event seemed to blur into "days" of being glued to media coverage about it.