OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

You could even put the Southern Cross on it.


Image

That guy looks like my SO's cousin. Though he doesn't wear paint like that.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I just managed to snap this before she flew off this a.m. Barred Owl in the dawn hour looking East.


Image
Attachments
barredowl..etree2.jpg
barredowl..etree2.jpg (489.67 KiB) Viewed 275 times

rockmedic109
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rockmedic109 »

As we face the waning hours of the old year and look forward to the beginning of the new year, it is often customary to resolve to do things differently starting with the birth of the new year. I have never done so in the past as I do not believe in making wasted gestures or promising to do meaningless things such as exercising, cleaning the garage or spending more time in domesticity. Knowingly "resolving" to do something that I know I will not make any attempt at doing is lying. I am not a liar.

However, as my age begins to advance into the timeframe of Losses...hair, memory and something else I cannot remember.....I look back on my life and realize that I have wasted a lot of opportunities to better myself and stand as a shining example of a paragon of virtue to my children. Therefore, I will make a New Years Resolution this year. Thus I can demonstrate to my young impressionable children that not only am I not a liar but that I can also stand by my promises, persevere in the shadow of adversity and that I can not only make a promise, but more importantly keep one.

Therefore, I Resolve to play more War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition this year!
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I resolve not to jettison my tail every single time I'm frightened. If a Barred Owl grabs my tail I am definitely losing it, however.

I probably have little to worry about though. The Cornell Ornithology Lab says that if a Barred Owl cannot swallow its prey whole, it does so in pieces beginning with the head. Perhaps my tail will jettison me and run off!?

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

You could even put the Southern Cross on it.


Image

That guy looks like my SO's cousin. Though he doesn't wear paint like that.

Bill

Does your SO have a tongue like that? [X(]

User avatar
BillBrown
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:55 am

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I resolve not to jettison my tail every single time I'm frightened. If a Barred Owl grabs my tail I am definitely losing it, however.

I probably have little to worry about though. The Cornell Ornithology Lab says that if a Barred Owl cannot swallow its prey whole, it does so in pieces beginning with the head. Perhaps my tail will jettison me and run off!?

I didn't think that Gorns had tails.

Image
Attachments
forns.jpg
forns.jpg (455.39 KiB) Viewed 275 times
User avatar
BillBrown
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:55 am

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BillBrown »

And again


Image
Attachments
agorn.jpg
agorn.jpg (163.73 KiB) Viewed 275 times
rockmedic109
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rockmedic109 »

Those guys just ran into Barrel Owls.
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

That guy looks like my SO's cousin. Though he doesn't wear paint like that.

Bill
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
Does your SO have a tongue like that? [X(]

I did say her cousin. She doesn't look much like her cousin. She doesn't look anything like any of her cousins and she grew up with a lot of teasing about the milkman, but she has DNA evidence her father was her bio father.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: BillBrown
ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I resolve not to jettison my tail every single time I'm frightened. If a Barred Owl grabs my tail I am definitely losing it, however.

I probably have little to worry about though. The Cornell Ornithology Lab says that if a Barred Owl cannot swallow its prey whole, it does so in pieces beginning with the head. Perhaps my tail will jettison me and run off!?

I didn't think that Gorns had tails.

Image

Well, like I said, some of us frighten easily. As for the others, remember how the Amazons cut off a certain body part so it wouldn't interfere with their archery?

User avatar
BillBrown
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:55 am

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BillBrown »

What, Gorns cut their tail so it doesn't interfere with there poop and scoot? [:)]
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Exactly. You're visiting one of those Earthling Starbases and you need to go, really bad. Where is that tail supposed to go? On Gorn ships you can wrap your tail around the chamber pot with no problem. Even with the tails removed, what is a gorn to do with a urinal? On Stardate 1456.8 an Intergalactic regulation went into effect allowing gorns on Federation bases and ships to use the ladies room as needed. Captain Pike attempted to override that regulation but was overruled.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Before gorns learned to amputate their tails, when they were on Federation bases they had to attempt some extraordinary contortions to get the job done. In the process their tails might inadvertently brush up against another's tail underneath the stall dividers, or worse still make physical contact with a human's shoe or a Klingon's foot. Misunderstandings were inevitable and brawls frequently broke out.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

It often happens in this forum that someone will begin a thread asking 'what music do you listen to when playing the game'? I don't think the following has been offered though perhaps it should. Just don't start a game planning on being Tuco. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

User avatar
Canoerebel
Posts: 21099
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:21 pm
Location: Northwestern Georgia, USA
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Canoerebel »

Is that version from the movie? It doesn't sound like it. (You and I both share appreciation for Ennio Morricone!)
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
User avatar
Canoerebel
Posts: 21099
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:21 pm
Location: Northwestern Georgia, USA
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Canoerebel »

I came across this YouTube video of the US Army Band performing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." The performance is beautiful, but get a load of the band director (she's shown a number of times, but see 0.20 to 0.30). She's just too pretty for words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20763
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I came across this YouTube video of the US Army Band performing "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." The performance is beautiful, but get a load of the band director (she's shown a number of times, but see 0.20 to 0.30). She's just too pretty for words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80
Can't agree with you CR - the flautist on her left trumps the conductor. See 3:09 - 3:20.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Is that version from the movie? It doesn't sound like it. (You and I both share appreciation for Ennio Morricone!)

It's true there seem to be parts where they stumble a bit.

User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Lecivius »

.

Image
Attachments
f1bdd266b4..7ca66723.jpg
f1bdd266b4..7ca66723.jpg (27.24 KiB) Viewed 275 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Lecivius is funny, but this refers to some old fake controversy regarding the "food pyramid" edit: and Ronald Reagan's administration. The fruit of a plant is its seed and any flesh that surrounds it. Not only are tomatoes fruit, but any kind of nuts and any kind of beans. Also, Fruit Loops aren't really fruit unless they are the progeny of Lucky Charms trees. This reminds me of a girlfriend I once had, yes I actually had a girlfriend once, it's not easy being green, though. She wasn't actually dumb, just not experienced and thought this story was so hilarious she told it to me. She and her ex-husband were driving through the country and the story goes: They were driving by a field of something unusual to her and she asked what it was. He told her something like "That's a spaghetti field. That's where they grow it." She bought it.[:D] From my contact with her ex, I thought he was a pretty good guy. Is that unusual?

Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”