Road To Moscow
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Road To Moscow
Well, there wasn't that much to choose from. Maybe it sucked more once you had something to compare with
.
Not a TOAW of course.
Not a TOAW of course.
Deus Vult.
RE: Road To Moscow
RTM would have been a crap game anyways that's probably why it never got published or finished. They don't abandon great games yah know, just the sorry ones.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
RE: Road To Moscow
I think so too. It was the wargaming equivalent of MOO3, that is the state it would have been released in, if ever released
.
Marcus
Marcus
Deus Vult.
-
sullafelix
- Posts: 1521
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:17 am
RE: Road To Moscow
I don't agree RH. I've seen plenty of great games down through the years stopped in mid life because of market change or perceieved market change. More than a few game series were also killed by their companies because of poor sales or mergers. Than you have the series that should die because the companies killed them. Take COD4 it is the most awful crap. The first COD was a tremendous game singleplayer and multiplayeer but since then all they have cared about was multiplayer with idiot NPC's thrown in. The newest Fear is also quite bad the original was the best shooter I had ever played. Now the AI can't even walk. Although from what I've read the original Fear team is onto another project and the company that had the rights to it are the ones who messed it up.
Back on the subject, I bought all of the UMS's when released because all of their ideas were great. The battles and campaigns were ones that for the most part still haven't been redone. To bad they couldn't make them work on a computer. For shear volume of great wargames the mid 1980's was the best time. Only within the last year with mostly Matrix's help are we approaching the amount of choice we had then. I still can't believe that some designers can't make games as well as some people could with just a C64 to work with.
Back on the subject, I bought all of the UMS's when released because all of their ideas were great. The battles and campaigns were ones that for the most part still haven't been redone. To bad they couldn't make them work on a computer. For shear volume of great wargames the mid 1980's was the best time. Only within the last year with mostly Matrix's help are we approaching the amount of choice we had then. I still can't believe that some designers can't make games as well as some people could with just a C64 to work with.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series
Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series
Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
RE: Road To Moscow
My dream would be for Sid Meier to redo Operation Crusader. What a fantastic game (for its time).
He could do that instead of making kiddie remakes of everything.
marcus
He could do that instead of making kiddie remakes of everything.
marcus
Deus Vult.
RE: Road To Moscow
Yeah now Operation Crusader was the perfect been n pretzels game of the 80's. I really enjoyed that one. I liked it better than the desert one or the stalingrad one for some reason. I think because it felt more like AH's d-day than any of the others. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, didn't you get a choice of landing sites in OC like you did in AH's D-Day or am I just dreaming that?
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
RE: Road To Moscow
Who played "Ancient Art of War in the Skies"? lol I think that game was about as fun as one could get for another beer n pretzels type of game. I got a kick out of the animated flying combat sequences that changed the trenchline as you won and lost. I had some lopsided U shaped lines I want yah to know playing that one. Quite fun though.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Road To Moscow
I think it was released http://pc.ign.com/articles/131/131163p1.html
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Road To Moscow
oops,guess it wasnt
RE: Road To Moscow
At least Road To Moscow was never sold.
Not true I have a copy of a released version. It plays like Operation Crusade. Here's site: http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=6392&d=30
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
RE: Road To Moscow
ORIGINAL: diablo1
At least Road To Moscow was never sold.
Not true I have a copy of a released version. It plays like Operation Crusade. Here's site: http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=6392&d=30
You are thinking of the 64 version..That one was about 10 years earlier.
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Road To Moscow
I was thinking of the 64 version as well,it was pretty screwy,east was the top of the monitor,map was sideways.I liked the random events,such as Hitler gets assasinated or Africa Corps defeats the british and gets sent to eastern front.
- SlickWilhelm
- Posts: 1854
- Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:52 pm
- Location: Rochester, MN
RE: Road To Moscow
Ah, this thread brings back some memories. Wonder what ever happened to "Ravinghood". Yes, I misspelled it on purpose. Did he get banned or just leave?
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
RE: Road To Moscow
ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm
Ah, this thread brings back some memories. Wonder what ever happened to "Ravinghood". Yes, I misspelled it on purpose. Did he get banned or just leave?
Ban. Everyone cheered.
Greetz,
Eddy Sterckx
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Road To Moscow
There were fireworks and canapees...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Road To Moscow
I think he came back under a different name.I think he was banned under the new name as well.
RE: Road To Moscow
As I recall you got banned not to long ago didn't you bairdlander? [:)]
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
- bairdlander2
- Posts: 2391
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
- Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta
RE: Road To Moscow
Thats right,but I didnt come back under a different name,like some people.[:D]
RE: Road To Moscow
I miss him sometimes...It got a bit boring after he got permabanned....But I understand why he did...
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....



