Ship Repair

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

User avatar
rhohltjr
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: When I play pacific wargames, I expect smarter AI.

Endurance levels

Post by rhohltjr »

I am noticeing in my game some of my ships 'Endurance' aka fuel and bullets level in the 'RED', but when I disband the task force the ships are put back into the port(Brisbane or Nomura) but their Endurance level is still RED? None of the ships has over 3 or 4 points of system damage, and when I form a new task force with these sick ships the Endurance is never put back to green. This is in Brisbane and Nomura so fuel level at those bases is never a problem.

What gives? Any of you guys see this? Anyone? Hello!!!

:eek:

If this is in the Manual, I haven't found it yet.
My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
User avatar
FirstPappy
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NY, USA

Post by FirstPappy »

I've seen the same thing too. An easy workaround is to "Fuel TF from Port" either before you disband or after you create them in a TF.
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
User avatar
rhohltjr
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: When I play pacific wargames, I expect smarter AI.

Yeah, that works....

Post by rhohltjr »

Originally posted by Pappy
I've seen the same thing too. An easy workaround is to "Fuel TF from Port" either before you disband or after you create them in a TF.
OK,..My bad. This was not a problem. Fuel TF from Port makes this go away. :D
My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
User avatar
rhohltjr
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: When I play pacific wargames, I expect smarter AI.

Re: No returns...

Post by rhohltjr »

Originally posted by Erik Rutins
Neuromancer,

Returns are disabled in the shorter scenarios. The reason for this is that victory points for damaged ships are awarded in these scenarios and those will be removed if the ship leaves the theater. In the shorter scenarios, severely damaged ships pretty much ride out the rest of the duration in the best in-theater port facility.

I believe that there is an advantage in repair time to putting a ship in port (no TF) but it may be small enough to be difficult to notice. Of course, I don't recommend this at any port within enemy air range.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik, I am playing a May 1st 42' to Dec 31st 43' scenario called 'MO' or sumsuch and my send to Pearl button is greyed out too. Currently only in July 1942. :confused:
My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
User avatar
neuromancer
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 9:03 pm
Location: Canada

My thought

Post by neuromancer »

Erik, I am playing a May 1st 42' to Dec 31st 43' scenario called 'MO' or sumsuch and my send to Pearl button is greyed out too. Currently only in July 1942.


I'm not sure what they consider a longer scenerio (obviously the May - July to December '43 count as longer), but May to Dec of '42 is shorter.

Actually...

There may be a way of telling. Don't quote me on this, but I noticef that the Long Campaign doesn't have points for damaged ships, but the shorter ones do. So check the Intel screen. If there is a line for damaged Allied and Japanesed ships and points (usually zero for your opponent - with FOW on until the end), then you cannot send ships back to Pearl/ Japan. If there is no line, then you can.

Why? Because as Erik said, points are given for damaged ships in the shorter scenerios, whereas they aren't in the longer campaigns.

In fact, that is what he said:
Returns are disabled in the shorter scenarios. The reason for this is that victory points for damaged ships are awarded in these scenarios and those will be removed if the ship leaves the theater
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

Willhammer

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Remember Yorktown received only one major bomb hit at Coral Sea. The ship could still operate her aircraft. A single IJN bomb hit would not often cause a CV to lose operational status. I believe the ability of Yorktown to fight at Midway after quick repairs is modelled somewhat by allowing players to use a damaged ship operationally.
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
rhohltjr
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: When I play pacific wargames, I expect smarter AI.

Re: My thought

Post by rhohltjr »

Originally posted by neuromancer


Actually...

There may be a way of telling. Don't quote me on this, but I noticef that the Long Campaign doesn't have points for damaged ships, but the shorter ones do. So check the Intel screen. If there is a line for damaged Allied and Japanesed ships and points (usually zero for your opponent - with FOW on until the end), then you cannot send ships back to Pearl/ Japan. If there is no line, then you can.

Why? Because as Erik said, points are given for damaged ships in the shorter scenerios, whereas they aren't in the longer campaigns.

In fact, that is what he said:
When someone is right they're right. However :rolleyes: I :rolleyes: was wrong. I thought I was playing the long campaign from May 42 through Dec 43.:o
My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”