Another Sad Day

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
Fallschirmjager
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee

Post by Fallschirmjager »

To reply to was sarge said I somewhat agree with him.

Men dieing is a fact of war.
Its what makes it so unique.
Up until Desert Storm Americas wars have been bloody.

When this sotry ran I saw that we have only lost 40 so far in this "war" ( I use quotes because I consider nation vs nation war, I call this kicking the ***'s of ppl that need their ***'s kicked).
they said 95% of those have been in traning accidents.
That right there is why we see the shamless protrayel of our fallen troops splayed out on Fox News Channel ( God I hate fox new but thats a different story)

During Vietnam losing 10 men in a single 10 minute span was considered a good 10 minutes.
Now that we lost 10 in a single aircrash makes the nation sad.

I for one feel no sadness over our men dying.
Before you get pissed let me explain.

I didnt know any of the 10 (as Im sure most of us didnt)
Therefor I cant say I feel sad without lying.
What I do feel is a sense of pride in our nation and our armed forces.
I feel dying for ones country is the highest honor one can achive in their life.
So No, I dont anykind of deep guilt/sadness/depression In its place it makes me proud to be an american.
The fact that one plane crash even makes it on television is a mark ouf how great our nation is.
User avatar
Goblin
Posts: 5418
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:57 pm
Location: Erie,Pa. USA
Contact:

Sorry, gmenfan, but...

Post by Goblin »

Can't any of you people read? gmenfan lost his friends. He only requested a moment of respectful silence. If you can't do that for the fallen, or for gmenfan, don't post.


eric (and yes, I'm steamed!)
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

No Art of War comparisons in here or someones blood will be shed!!!!!! I'd like to think those of us in here are all better than the childish mudslinging that goes on in there. At least thats what I've tried to pride myself on doing in here. I've taken no offense to any comments made within here, I just felt some comments have been misunderstood by others causing some to lash out in anger. So all concerned parties please take a step back and take a deep breath and let us carry on with our lives. All of our fallen comrades would want it this way.:D
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

Sorry for the misreading. I don't know how long anyone else has been around. I remember my classmate's father - neighbors from across the street in our smal Michigan town - being killed early on in WW2. Ex-wif'es uncle was killed in the bocage in Normandy. Close friend and hunting companion killed in Korea - he was a good shot, they made him a sniper. Other friends killed in Vietnam or came home in worse condition than any returning servicemen I have known since before WW2 - yes, I knew some WW1 vets, I was born in 1934.

I'll apologize for whatever furor was raised. I get testy when the subject comes up, because so many have died. Not because they wanted to, because they were following orders, in a time when honor and duty meant something.

I understand I become emotional about this. I will not apologize for that, however I will apologize for having seriously misinterpreted Sarge's posting. He's right, I should read more carefully. I will attempt to do so in the future.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Hey Gmenfan I have looked over the thread....

I missed that you actually knew those people in some manner.

In retrospect I hope my comments weren't to generalised and lacked compassion.

This old soldier considers all of the brotherhood of war as buddies to a point of course.
It's a very rare individual on any side of a conflict that isn't basically "one of us".

I count myself among the particularly rare that I can't really say I can recall a particular individual in uniform I know that has fallen.

But I feel the loss for all that lay down their lives in the ultimate sacrifice for their beliefs.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Capt. Pixel
Posts: 1178
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Tucson, AZ

Post by Capt. Pixel »

Maybe we should close this thread with a moment of silence, eh?

:( ........................................................................... :(
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

Thank you Sarge, as posted somewhere within this thread no hard feelings toward any comments made as I could read between the lines and see it was a matter of misunderstandings. Closing as suggested in the previous post but it wouldn't be right if I didn't accept you apology first.
:( ......................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................:(
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”