forum extremely unstable?
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: forum extremely unstable?
Yes , lately the forum has been SOMEWHAT unstable. It's residence now, those are always EXTREMELY unstable! [:D]
But even here , is the center of the universe....(well , the center of the USA at any rate) where we seldom have internet problems, we've had some hangups trying to reach the forum in the last couple of days. [:(]
But even here , is the center of the universe....(well , the center of the USA at any rate) where we seldom have internet problems, we've had some hangups trying to reach the forum in the last couple of days. [:(]
RE: forum extremely unstable?
Forum badly unstable right now for me.
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: forum extremely unstable?
I've been having a lot of that post lost stuff, I just took about 10 minutes to write one and it disappeared. [:@] I'm sending this one as a test before I retype all that and try again.
edit: hooray! but that took about 20 seconds to go through.
edit: hooray! but that took about 20 seconds to go through.
- ilovestrategy
- Posts: 3614
- Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
RE: forum extremely unstable?
It's been timing out on me also. I'll have to see what Ambrose's Technical Manual has. It covers just about everything related to the Internet, including war gaming forums.
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

RE: forum extremely unstable?
I just had a very hard time signing in. The log in froze up on me three times.

RE: forum extremely unstable?
Working in IT myself, I've been seeing alot of DoS attacks lately so what you might be experiencing is just a logjam effect that the servers you're going through are just overloaded & having problems keeping up.
RE: forum extremely unstable?
I was having problems last night and most of the day today.. seems to be better now.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
-
rockmedic109
- Posts: 2472
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
- Location: Citrus Heights, CA
RE: forum extremely unstable?
Forums fine for me.....but I'm unstable. Maybe I have a virus?
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: forum extremely unstable?
ORIGINAL: rockmedic109
Forums fine for me.....but I'm unstable. Maybe I have a virus?
You're unstable? Is there someone nearby who can remove the sharp objects? [:D]
-
Commander Stormwolf
- Posts: 1623
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 pm
RE: forum extremely unstable?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8v8iy8QOKc
perhaps... someone did not put enough foam in his coffee [:D]
"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: forum extremely unstable?
OK Stormwolf, you're going to have to stop attempting to be funny, because HEY, your are funny. Except when you aren't, which is all the time. Coming from me, and I'm never funny, that's a low blow. Just grip yourself, dude.
- Historiker
- Posts: 4742
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 pm
- Location: Deutschland
RE: forum extremely unstable?
I had serious problems accessing the forum yesterday. So you are not alone, Christian [;)]
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!
There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
- castor troy
- Posts: 14331
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
- Location: Austria
RE: forum extremely unstable?
good to hear it's not just me, hope they can fix it.
-
rockmedic109
- Posts: 2472
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
- Location: Citrus Heights, CA
RE: forum extremely unstable?
Nobody that I trust near sharp objects.....particuliarly if they are protruding from sensitive parts of my anatomy.[:D]ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: rockmedic109
Forums fine for me.....but I'm unstable. Maybe I have a virus?
You're unstable? Is there someone nearby who can remove the sharp objects? [:D]
- CaptBeefheart
- Posts: 2627
- Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:42 am
- Location: Seoul, Korea
RE: forum extremely unstable?
Seems to be working pretty well from Korea other than a couple of reloads necessary (no big deal whatsoever). Clearly North Korea isn't behind this or I'd be experiencing grief.
Cheers,
CC
Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
- HansBolter
- Posts: 7457
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
- Location: United States
RE: forum extremely unstable?
The day all this instability took place (and I experienced it myself with pages here taking several minutes to download if they downloaded at all) we heard from several businesses and municipal government HQs along the west coast of Florida that they had no internet service at all for several hours. The difficulties here could have been part of a lrager problem.
Hans
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: forum extremely unstable?
This morning worse than usual. upgrading servers is $$$$ ... are in process at my office.
Pax
RE: forum extremely unstable?
Well Matrix forum software is 2.4.5 whereas the latest from ASPPlayground.net is 3.9
In a post in the General Forum area ...
Anyway - these probs are probably a DoS attack rather than this ... but it is about time Matrix put a bit of cash into infrastructure.
In a post in the General Forum area ...
Yeah ... like it hasn't already been years due ... Didn't Matrix hire someone months ago? ... apart from making it harder to loggin I'm not sure what this guy is being paid for. I shoulda applied!ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil
There are lots of things we can do but the forum software doesn't support them so means hacking it to pieces to do anything like that.
The best thing to do is upgrade the forum software but that's a bigger job so we need to work out how that fits in to the schedule.
Anyway - these probs are probably a DoS attack rather than this ... but it is about time Matrix put a bit of cash into infrastructure.
- castor troy
- Posts: 14331
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
- Location: Austria
RE: forum extremely unstable?
ORIGINAL: n01487477
Well Matrix forum software is 2.4.5 whereas the latest from ASPPlayground.net is 3.9
In a post in the General Forum area ...Yeah ... like it hasn't already been years due ... Didn't Matrix hire someone months ago? ... apart from making it harder to loggin I'm not sure what this guy is being paid for. I shoulda applied!ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil
There are lots of things we can do but the forum software doesn't support them so means hacking it to pieces to do anything like that.
The best thing to do is upgrade the forum software but that's a bigger job so we need to work out how that fits in to the schedule.
Anyway - these probs are probably a DoS attack rather than this ... but it is about time Matrix put a bit of cash into infrastructure.
especially as the forum is quite good commercial for them. Without his forum, I would have never bought WITP or AE for example and those two games aren't the only ones I bought. None of them if I wouldn't have stumbled across this forum.












