Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- RogerJNeilson
- Posts: 1277
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 am
- Location: Bedlington, Northumberland, UK
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
I do hope the two of you have a little chat about this development.
I love Tracker, this gives another layer to its use.
Roger
I love Tracker, this gives another layer to its use.
Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Very nice and I expect a lot of work
I wonder how well this would work with XAMPP for those so inclined and without access to IIS
I wonder how well this would work with XAMPP for those so inclined and without access to IIS
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
ORIGINAL: Baloogan
Thanks guys [:D]
ORIGINAL: Numdydar
How hard would it be to set this up to read the data from our own Tracker files and see what is happening in our games?
One would need to be particularly computer savvy to set this up right now; would involve running IIS Express. But after its running all it needs is for WITP tracker to export 5 CSVs every turn: AirGroups, LCUs, Bases, TFs and Ships. It also reads the combat reports / sigint reports etc.
I actually happen to be computer savvy [:)] I can definitely get IIS setup and I can get Tracker to export the needed files. So what is Part B? [:)] If you want to take this off line you can PM me.
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
No need to take it offline, its open source!
Modify the paths in this file: https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGl ... Program.cs recompile and run WITPJSON.exe, this generates a whole pile of json files, then place them in a directory that satisfies the paths here https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGl ... dex.cshtml.
Modify the paths in this file: https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGl ... Program.cs recompile and run WITPJSON.exe, this generates a whole pile of json files, then place them in a directory that satisfies the paths here https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGl ... dex.cshtml.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
- RogerJNeilson
- Posts: 1277
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 am
- Location: Bedlington, Northumberland, UK
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Ok I can 'sort of' see what is going on there, but for me, and most people on here we need a line by line walk through if someone could do that please?
Roger
Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
- KenchiSulla
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
- Location: the Netherlands
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Nice, I registered as Cannonfodder. How can I post comments?
AKA Cannonfodder
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder
Nice, I registered as Cannonfodder. How can I post comments?
Every Ship, Airgroup and Base has its own page,
For example, this here is Pearl Harbor's page http://operationglacier.baloogancampaig ... onGlacierI
And here is the Enterprise's page http://operationglacier.baloogancampaig ... onGlacierI
You open up these pages by clicking on them in the map popups.
Then click here
to start writing a comment.
The comments use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown Markdown for formatting, so if you put __double underline__ around something it will be bolded.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3
Ok I can 'sort of' see what is going on there, but for me, and most people on here we need a line by line walk through if someone could do that please?
Roger
In the future this process will be made much simpler; right now the process is very complicated and subject to change.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
- RogerJNeilson
- Posts: 1277
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 am
- Location: Bedlington, Northumberland, UK
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
I am not sure we should allow you time off to sleep... This looks fantastic and I guess many of us are straining at the leash to get onto using this.
Roger [:D]
Roger [:D]
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
ORIGINAL: Baloogan
No need to take it offline, its open source!
Modify the paths in this file: https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGl ... Program.cs recompile and run WITPJSON.exe, this generates a whole pile of json files, then place them in a directory that satisfies the paths here https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGl ... dex.cshtml.
It does not look that simple [:(] From looking at the code there is this section which looks like you are specifying specific ports for your game. So I would need to adjust things a lot more to get this to run just locally it looks like. Or am I over thinking this [:)]
<ProjectExtensions>
<VisualStudio>
<FlavorProperties GUID="{349c5851-65df-11da-9384-00065b846f21}">
<WebProjectProperties>
<UseIIS>False</UseIIS>
<AutoAssignPort>True</AutoAssignPort>
<DevelopmentServerPort>50349</DevelopmentServerPort>
<DevelopmentServerVPath>/</DevelopmentServerVPath>
<IISUrl>https://secure.baloogancampaign.com:808 ... er</IISUrl>
<NTLMAuthentication>False</NTLMAuthentication>
<UseCustomServer>False</UseCustomServer>
<CustomServerUrl>
</CustomServerUrl>
<SaveServerSettingsInUserFile>False</SaveServerSettingsInUserFile>
</WebProjectProperties>
</FlavorProperties>
</VisualStudio>
</ProjectExtensions>
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Yeah its definitely not simple atm, those lines are used in configuring IIS not IIS Express. Note where it says "<UseIIS>False</UseIIS>". I did this project to teach myself how to make a site [:D] and its my first site using ASP.NET technology; its not packaged up nicely with a bow on top hehe.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
That being said, if anyone would like to see a map of their units in an AAR or game vs the computer (and you use Tracker) I'd love to try to import and display your data.
I'd be especially interested if you are using a specially modified scenario, I'm curious if the system can handle it.
I'd be especially interested if you are using a specially modified scenario, I'm curious if the system can handle it.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
I've got one as Japan against the Allied AI that you could use. I'm in mid '44 and have got a single Tracker file for almost the entire game. The DB is about 1G in size. In case you want to try something really large [:)]
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Sure [:D] Send me your exported Ship, Airgroup, Bases, TFs and LCU's csvs and your most recent report files (Just one set) to baloogan@gmail.com
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
oh, and if you are using a modified scenario I'll also need the "WITPair001.csv" etc files from the scenario.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
- KenchiSulla
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
- Location: the Netherlands
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Ok, thanks
Baloogan, I have registered to see both sides... Are you as players seeing my comments?
Baloogan, I have registered to see both sides... Are you as players seeing my comments?
AKA Cannonfodder
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
- KenchiSulla
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
- Location: the Netherlands
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
I probably have some time tommorow, I could forward you data for a DBB:C with stacking limits game...
AKA Cannonfodder
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
-
RoryAndersonCDT
- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 pm
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Nope, the only comments I see are made by folks who are registered with a side restriction only to allies, likewise for TheHistoricalGamer, he can only see comments made by folks locked to japan's side. This helps prevent spoilers [:D]ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder
Ok, thanks
Baloogan, I have registered to see both sides... Are you as players seeing my comments?
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Technical Lead
- KenchiSulla
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm
- Location: the Netherlands
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
Can I switch to just one side?
AKA Cannonfodder
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
RE: Web based WITPAE PBEM Viewer
a-mazing... simply.

