You can, if you save the scen file you can place it back into the Showcase folder and it will runthewood1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm Just a quick clarification...
If I have the release version updated with the new scenario, can I just copy scenario over the the 1268.1 beta and have it work? Just want to understand what I'm going to have to reinstall.
Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Moderator: MOD_Command
- SamSlitherine
- Site Admin
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
- HalfLifeExpert
- Posts: 1410
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
- Location: California, United States
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Got it. That's what I was going to do anyway since I need to leave for work soon.SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm Thanks for your reports HalfLife. We are looking into the issue and i have asked for the Public Beta branch to be taken down until we find the fix.
So for the meantime, on Steam please use the official branch. - if you are wanting to get onto the 'tiny' update then follow Dimitris instructions and use the latest update pack - you can overwrite/add them to your Steam install and it should work.
Also something to have a quick look at:
I remember that the 1268.1 Build added an erroneous extra folder for Northern Inferno (misspelled nothern inferno) with just the presumably updated scenario 9 in it.
I didn't look close enough at the new official build to see if this fixed it.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
I'm so confused I'm in the Aug 12th beta and the new scenario does not show, can someone explain to me please how to make with work with the beta. I'm on Matrix version of Command btw.
Thank You
Thank You
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Sam you can't do that. The installer for the Tiny beta patch won't install because it doesn't detect a valid copy of CMO. Assume its looking at version numbersSamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm Thanks for your reports HalfLife. We are looking into the issue and i have asked for the Public Beta branch to be taken down until we find the fix.
So for the meantime, on Steam please use the official branch. - if you are wanting to get onto the 'tiny' update then follow Dimitris instructions and use the latest update pack - you can overwrite/add them to your Steam install and it should work.
Thanks!
Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
- SamSlitherine
- Site Admin
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Sorry i should of been more clear - that update installer works only for the Matrix version...i was referring tot he update packs we provide on the forums.
We are working on the fix as we speak for the Steam public beta. At this point it may be easier just to wait till i have fixed it
We are working on the fix as we speak for the Steam public beta. At this point it may be easier just to wait till i have fixed it
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
How do I get it to work with Forums public beta?
Edit.
The game launcher tells me I'm on the latest version, the game tells me I'm on build 1268.1.
Please help.
Edit.
The game launcher tells me I'm on the latest version, the game tells me I'm on build 1268.1.
Please help.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Ok thanks. Best of luck!SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:55 pm Sorry i should of been more clear - that update installer works only for the Matrix version...i was referring tot he update packs we provide on the forums.
We are working on the fix as we speak for the Steam public beta. At this point it may be easier just to wait till i have fixed it
Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
I installed the new patch. The program now only plays the intro video over and over again. I can't even get task manager to work to exit it. I have to restart the computer to get the intro video to stop. I reinstalled the last beta (1268.1) and the program went back to normal.
I do not use steam. I have the downloaded version. I hope this helps others with installation issues.
I do not use steam. I have the downloaded version. I hope this helps others with installation issues.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Restarted the PC and launched Steam Command. My version went "back" to 1.04 1147.48 from "tiny" 1.05 12651 (had it 48 hours). Assuming this is what happens when the Steam Beta branch is taken down, please confirm if Steam players can get tiny back or need to wait for some sort of fix. Thanks.
----------------------
Never mind: a fix for Steam with tiny is being worked on.
----------------------
Never mind: a fix for Steam with tiny is being worked on.
Last edited by kevinkins on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Alfred Thayer Mahan
- HalfLifeExpert
- Posts: 1410
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
- Location: California, United States
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
The Tiny beta has been temporarily removed from open Steam access, so as to address compatibility issues with the Command: Showcase DLC.kevinkins wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm Restarted the PC and launched Steam Command. My version went "back" to 1.04 1147.48 from "tiny" 1.05 12651 (had it 48 hours). Assuming this is what happens when the Steam Beta branch is taken down, please confirm if Steam players can get tiny back or need to wait for some sort of fix. Thanks.
Hopefully the beta will be made available again soon, and I would think it should be updated to 1268.1+ when that happens
- SamSlitherine
- Site Admin
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your patience and for your reports.
The Steam Public Beta issue has now been addressed and is available to download. The compatibility issue has been fixed.
if you opt into the Beta branch, you will have the Tiny features as well as DLC compatibility....so the best of both worlds.
Enjoy!
This Steam public build is the latest Public Beta release - so will update automatically to the latest fileset you need
Thank you for your patience and for your reports.
The Steam Public Beta issue has now been addressed and is available to download. The compatibility issue has been fixed.
if you opt into the Beta branch, you will have the Tiny features as well as DLC compatibility....so the best of both worlds.
Enjoy!
This Steam public build is the latest Public Beta release - so will update automatically to the latest fileset you need
- SamSlitherine
- Site Admin
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
for those who want to update to the latest Public Beta and enjoy features of the beta, with the DLC.....Dimitris has provided this fix for you!
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=387469
(to be used with Matrix version only)
PLEASE NOTE. For those who haven't installed the Public Beta builds and are only on the official patch (v1.04.114748)
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INSTALL THIS. Please keep the official patch as is.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=387469
(to be used with Matrix version only)
PLEASE NOTE. For those who haven't installed the Public Beta builds and are only on the official patch (v1.04.114748)
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INSTALL THIS. Please keep the official patch as is.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Thanks Sam. I am back on 1.05.12682
The way Steam handles downloading the beta could be better. You can PM me if interested in my observations. No need to discuss them here since it does work while the user scratches their head thinking nothing is actually happening.
Kevin
The way Steam handles downloading the beta could be better. You can PM me if interested in my observations. No need to discuss them here since it does work while the user scratches their head thinking nothing is actually happening.
Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Hi Kevinkevinkins wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:12 pm Thanks Sam. I am back on 1.05.12682
The way Steam handles downloading the beta could be better. You can PM me if interested in my observations. No need to discuss them here since it does work while the user scratches their head thinking nothing is actually happening.
Kevin
It worked for me by opting back into the beta after their fix.
It's like 2 install cycles and then you should be up to date.
Mike
" You have to be realistic about these things." ~Logan Ninefingers
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Yes, I have it. The way Steam handles installation is not obvious. But it does work after you exit the download dialog and then restart Command. Command does not launch automatically even if you check the box to do so - at least on my end. just ignored the auto relaunch.
Kevin
Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Alfred Thayer Mahan
- HalfLifeExpert
- Posts: 1410
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
- Location: California, United States
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
I've got my Command: Showcase Feedback here on this thread
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 3&t=387572
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 3&t=387572
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
HalfLife,
Many of us complained that the speed of the computer slowed way down, sometimes even stopping or pausing for extended periods of time. Did you experience that as well? If not, what super computer do you have, and what would you recommend to buy?
Thanks in advance.
Many of us complained that the speed of the computer slowed way down, sometimes even stopping or pausing for extended periods of time. Did you experience that as well? If not, what super computer do you have, and what would you recommend to buy?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
"Many of us complained"
Thats odd. I saw only one other complaint about significant slowdowns. I haven't had any, but am only an hour in. I will say that any 3000 unit scenario with a lot of missile potential, has the chance to bog down if a lot of missiles are in the air.
Thats odd. I saw only one other complaint about significant slowdowns. I haven't had any, but am only an hour in. I will say that any 3000 unit scenario with a lot of missile potential, has the chance to bog down if a lot of missiles are in the air.
- HalfLifeExpert
- Posts: 1410
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm
- Location: California, United States
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
I did run into some slowdown when I was properly in the fight (launching airstrikes), but I just put that down to not having a top-of-the-line gaming PC.DWReese wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:19 pm HalfLife,
Many of us complained that the speed of the computer slowed way down, sometimes even stopping or pausing for extended periods of time. Did you experience that as well? If not, what super computer do you have, and what would you recommend to buy?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Thats odd. I saw only one other complaint about significant slowdowns.
On Kushan's play through (he did two last week on this scenario), we were all discussing how slow this scenario is. At one point the single flame was only delivering 1 second of game time per 1 second of real time.
During the play through, there were several discussions about which new computer system to purchase to be able to play the game as the AU Count was nearing 4000. The discussion centered around the size of this scenarios, and the hardware needed to run it, and for scenarios in the future. Kushan even made the comment that his computer was about ready to catch fire because it was running so hot.
So, that's where the "complaint" talk is centered around. It comes from people who were actually playing the game, or watching it being played.
That's why I asked HalfLife if he experienced any slowdowns, and then asked what system he had.
If you doubt any of this you can pull up Kushan's play throughs and listen/read every minute of the discussion.
BTW, to everyone, I would highly recommend that you tune in for Kushan's play throughs each week, and not just for this scenario. Kushan does a tremendous job.
On Kushan's play through (he did two last week on this scenario), we were all discussing how slow this scenario is. At one point the single flame was only delivering 1 second of game time per 1 second of real time.
During the play through, there were several discussions about which new computer system to purchase to be able to play the game as the AU Count was nearing 4000. The discussion centered around the size of this scenarios, and the hardware needed to run it, and for scenarios in the future. Kushan even made the comment that his computer was about ready to catch fire because it was running so hot.
So, that's where the "complaint" talk is centered around. It comes from people who were actually playing the game, or watching it being played.
That's why I asked HalfLife if he experienced any slowdowns, and then asked what system he had.
If you doubt any of this you can pull up Kushan's play throughs and listen/read every minute of the discussion.
BTW, to everyone, I would highly recommend that you tune in for Kushan's play throughs each week, and not just for this scenario. Kushan does a tremendous job.

