What kind of fanboy am I?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
rogueusmc
Posts: 4583
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
Contact:

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by rogueusmc »

I made it smaller to be an avatar...want it larger for a banner do ya?

Image
Attachments
dtravel.gif
dtravel.gif (33.13 KiB) Viewed 353 times
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Image
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by dtravel »

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

I made it smaller to be an avatar...want it larger for a banner do ya?

[:)] Yes please.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
rogueusmc
Posts: 4583
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
Contact:

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by rogueusmc »

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Image
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Grotius »

Dtravel, I think you're a B-17 fanboy. C'mon, fess up. :)
Image
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by dtravel »

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Dtravel, I think you're a B-17 fanboy. C'mon, fess up. :)




A "Wrath of God Logistics" Fanboy
(The American Way of War)


A "Peace Thru Superior Firepower" Fanboy


An "Autofire Artillery" Fanboy
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

"Speak English or Die" Fanboy?
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by dtravel »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

"Speak English or Die" Fanboy?

Naaah, then we'd have to off the Aussies, Kiwis, Brits and a lot of others that have proven useful as tripwire defenses. (We won't even get into those Franco-Canadians.) [:D]
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: dtravel
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

"Speak English or Die" Fanboy?

Naaah, then we'd have to off the Aussies, Kiwis, Brits and a lot of others that have proven useful as tripwire defenses. (We won't even get into those Franco-Canadians.) [:D]


LOL!!! This is getting out of hand...[;)]
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
User avatar
Dunhill_BKK
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Tasmania

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Dunhill_BKK »

In an effort to assist you we can use a process of elimination.

From what I have read of your posts you do not seem to be in the AV fanboy club.
Image
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Mr.Frag »

(We won't even get into those Franco-Canadians.)

Don't go there, we have enough war here [:D]
User avatar
Captain Cruft
Posts: 3752
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:49 pm
Location: England

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Captain Cruft »

So we English don't speak English then? [8|] I know we have funny accents but still ... [;)]

I just had a silly thought. If it wasn't for the British Empire Americans would probably speak French.

No flames please.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Nikademus »

judging by the graphic, you must be a Sturmtiger Fanboy [;)]
User avatar
kaleun
Posts: 5144
Joined: Tue May 28, 2002 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by kaleun »

I just had a silly thought. If it wasn't for the British Empire Americans would probably speak French.

Actually, it would probably be Spanish!
[8|]
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
UncleBuck
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:35 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by UncleBuck »

No it woudl be German, sicne that was what teh choice was when they voted on it in 1804 I think, English or German. Lots of Germans here back then.

UB
Image
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by dtravel »

For all your help, you guys get to be the first to see my new avatar and sig! (Assuming this worked.)

I'll work on a sig graphic eventually, don't have a lot of time right now. (The tenant in my late father's in-law apartment almost abandoned his dog in it and has left it, literally, knee deep in garbage, animal and human waste. Now I get to deal with three-day "vacate premise" notices and legal eviction proceedings. )
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Grotius »

Dtravel, now you have me wondering what kind of fanboy *I* am. I had been working on this banner, but then I realized that I think this is "Pat" Pattle flying over -- Athens? Can anyone tell what port that is?

Image
Attachments
My WITP logo.jpg
My WITP logo.jpg (139.9 KiB) Viewed 357 times
Image
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by Grotius »

Also, how does one get a banner into the sig? The Profile interface seems to imply that we should use a link to the image. Is that right?
Image
UncleBuck
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:35 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by UncleBuck »

Lucky you . good thing you are not in Kalifornistan, they ahve a minimum of 3 months.

UB
Image
User avatar
dtravel
Posts: 4533
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:34 pm

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by dtravel »

I don't know how to get the banner into a sig, haven't gotten far enough along to worry about that yet.

As it turns out, I am in California. It used to be that someone on a month-to-month lease had to be given 30 days notice. As of the beginning of 2004 it went up to 60 days IF the tenant has been there for 5 years. (This guy has, just barely.) But all of that is assuming its just a normal end of the lease. There are still some landlord rights and protections and this guy has gone way past the line. So the lawyer gets to do some work now.
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Image
User avatar
rogueusmc
Posts: 4583
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
Contact:

RE: What kind of fanboy am I?

Post by rogueusmc »

paste the web address of the banner in the sig text box and put Image behind it.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Image
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”