ORIGINAL: rich12545
WHOA! I did it.
Thanks very much to Gallo and Charles.
You're welcome [:)]
ORIGINAL: rich12545
Now I need to figure out how to make the units move slower, the options file doesn't seem to have any effect.
Try decreasing the animation level in the General Preferences Screen
ORIGINAL: rich12545
What about op fire, melee, and overrun?
I'm afraid that you can't select the op-fire by clicking the mouse like in SPWaW. SPWW2 works like in the old days of SP I (or in SPWaW PBEM): you have to set range you want your units engage the enemy using the "y" key
about melee and overrun: it occurs "naturally" in the game: I mean, there's no hot-key for that: you just place a tank/infantry unit in a hex ocupied by an enemy infantry/atg unit and attack it usin the mouse pointer or the F key, and depending the experienc/unit-type/terrain/etc. your tank/infantry will overrun/engage in melee with the enemy
Just one more thing: SPWW2 and SPWAW plays very similar in many ways... but they play diferent in others... you'll have to addapt your tactics. SPWW2 is a slower game. You'll need more patience and move your units slower. Use frog-leap tactis. That's the best tactic in SPWW2 (as well as pop&shoot is the best for SPWAW).
In SPWW2, tanks have a slower speed, worst FC/RF, and less shoots... so you won't be able to take a PzIII, move it full range and fire 5 shoots against two Russian tanks with good chances to hit them... you have to relly much more in ambushes and that kind of thinks.
have fun [:)]