how can 911 possibly help besides committing me to a mental hospital and desroying wats left of my life and my futre? and my career that hasnt even STARTED?
911 would probably in your case, tell you to go to emergency room they would evaluate whether you are suicidal. If not they'd send you home and tell you to hit that Joe guy on the head ! But if they determine you have some suicidal ideations or more - then they would probably either give you appropriate meds or refer you to psychiatrist ( my wife support ERs so they do this type of intervention all the time ). No one would commit you to a mental hospital ... you sound very sane and mature to me ... you just "may" need temporary helping coping with what happened in your life ... their goal would just be to help you cope with the crisis and remain productive in your life.
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
Been there. Things will get better, they always do. But you have to release from any moping or self-pity. Or the cycle will go on forever. You have the power to break the cycle at anytime. Only you can change you. You have to make the decision right here and right now to stay muddled down or rise up. You seem like a completely capable and mature individual.
Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....
I know. But you can still rise up out of it, it sounds to me you don't have a vent, which is why you should find a therapist to talk to. This is just life if you ask me. Alot of people get a storm of sh*t hit them hard here and there. It's hard, i'm still in that situation (I'm still affected by others who are substance abusers). But I still manage to enjoy life and make the most of it when it's good.
Do your best with the situation you're given and you'll be satisfied. Even if things don't get a whole lot better right away. It makes you a good man and you did your good. If people don't change after you've done your best to help, let it go, get out, meet people go have some fun. After doing that try and help again. But if you've truly done your best to help the person they will have changed and the situation would have gotten that much better.
Like I said, this isn't your fault. You're beating yourself up to much. Also fighting it isn't the point. Don't fight it, lend a helping hand and just do your best. For example, if someone says something bad don't fight it and follow it up with something hurtful. I know it's VERY VERY difficult not to do that sometimes. But just walk away or else you're just adding to the negative cycle. However if you have added to the negative cycle in the past, don't worry you were just defending yourself and hitting back, it's just your defense mechanism, it comes with being human.
Don't worry about being thrown into a mental hospital when you seek help. I was in just as bad shape as you or worse. I was a complete wreck, but they don't just throw you into a mental hospital. You don't have to call 9/11 you can just go into therapy if you feel more comfortable with that. But you have to want to change. This may all sound like bullsh*t or nonsense to you, it did for me when i was in a similiar situation, but it isn't.
Everything i've said on this matter is pretty much all I have to say. You have the power to improve the situation and yourself. It isn't the end of the world or your life. Take control. Nobody can force anything on you. Believe me, i've been there.
Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....
Alright, i'm done editing that lol. This is just my nature, whenever I see anyone in distress like this I just feel the need to do absolutely everything I can to help, no matter who they are. It's a little hard online though...
Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....
ive tried, ive really tried, but it always cums bak stronger and hits me even harder
i jus dont know how to fight it anymore
I had a friend kill himself over distantly similar circumstances - but - he did what he did - within 2 weeks of the "crisis" starting. If you've gone 5 months - you may not need to go to the emergency room tonight. But, you still sound like you need temporary help coping with the situation. That is not at all unusual and Mental Health Professions exist to help with this type of circumstance. You sound very much aware of the situation and very willing to help others - but perhaps not so willing to help yourself - that also is not unusal - I'm definitely of that ilk myself ( better at helping others than at helping myself ) .. but I still think you should contact you local mental health clinic in the morning and ask them to evaluate you to see if you need assistance in coping or not. You only need 911 or emergency room if you are thinking about suicide now.
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
Yeah. Even if they did put you into a mental hospital. It won't be as bad as you think. It's not the horrible place you see in movies. It's just therapy really. If you do need to go to one I guarantee you, 1000% you'll come out feeling absolutely great and thinking "I'm glad I went there!". They're not gonna chain you to a bed and pump you full of drugs for months unend.
I knew a guy I went to school with who went insane and tried to kill himself. He ran around the neighbourhood screaming and cutting himself and then he ran out in front of the railroad tracks waiting for the train to hit him.
He got checked into a mental institution. They didn't tie him to a bed and pump him full of drugs 24/7. It didn't ruin his life or anything like that. He came out a stable and very happy man. Right now he's married to the woman he loves and runs a GM dealership. He's a good guy to, whenever you see him, no matter who you are he's full of the most sincere happiness and friendship.
Whether you go to one or just go to a therapist whenever. It feels soooooo good to let go of all that sh*t. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with "checking in" and it's totally confidential if you're insecure. It'll release the bad and bring out the happiness in you.
I didn't go for help for a really long time. It just kept building up and getting worse and worse. Until it started causing health problems. I was in the worst mental state. My brain wasn't working right at all. I can't possibly describe it, it's like trying to explain a bad acid trip. But i was basically in another dimension, my brain and the way it took in info was completely scrambled and backwards. I thought I had a brain tumor. It made me more and more depressed and manifested itself. Turns out it was just major stress and depression.
Pft,damn the aircraft, full speed ahead....WAIT!....
The will not put him in a mental hospital - such places do exist - but 99.999% percent of mental health patients never get near one. This is not even an option in his case - he is obviously luicid and very aware of what is happening and very mature about it - I guess "laymen" still have concept that if you see a psychiatrist you must be crazy - but that is absolutely not the case - my wife doesn't see "crazy" people .. she sees people who have either temporary or ( in rare cases ) permanent symptoms which impact their ability to function to their fullest capacity on a daily basis. Her job is to help improve their functioning. I don't think my wife ( in 10 years of practricing ) has ever sent anyone to a "mental hospital". Drugs and therapy are the treatments used.
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
You are WRONG if you blame yourself for another's actions. You can ONLY control yourself. You CANNOT control anyone else. There is no if, and or but (even if you think there should be).
Sorry to hear about your pain Marky. I remember reading your other messages too.
Life can be a tough ride you all of us. We all need help when we go through times of depression. Look at all the divorces that happen now. All these people are hurting too, and their families. Single people in relationships hurt as well. But that doesn't mean you have to stop. You need to spend some time thinking of ways to overcome this painful time. There are lots of services that can help. Not just 911 or mental-hospital. I'm sure over 90% of cases like yours (and other people who are hurting) would be solved in your own home and time. There are heaps of volunteer and professional centres that can help. I can't give you their phone numbers because I don't live in your country. But there should be many easy to find HELP LINES. Some are religious based, but most aren't- depending on your needs. You NEED to look them up in the phone book and contact one. You can be anonymous if you want to be. They can help you cope and make you feel better for yourself. Don't feel embarrassed. Don't feel you are the only one. We all need help. And if a friend of yours goes through similar you can help them.
Even if you are unsure of a place to ring, you could phone the police or your doctor and they could give you some phone numbers for your area.
You HAVE to make some phone calls to get some help. DON"T feel embarassed. You feel angry and confused now because you haven't received the right help yet. I'm certain you can feel better again. You have to make the first phone call. And they will help you in ways that have helped other people.
MAKE THE PHONE CALL
Is Sharkosaurus rex the biggest fish in the sea?
Why don't you come in for a swim?