Into the Breach

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: The cost of doing business

Post by bigred »

4-29-43:
I continue to bomb Lea during thunderstorms.  Not worried about fatige and morale.  I am concerned about b17 replacements. In other action, a Rossell raid failed to penetrate CV CAP and recieved heavy damage. See below.




Image

Air attack on TF at 30,34

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 36
A6M3 Zero x 12

Allied aircraft
F4U-1 Corsair x 38
Beaufighter VIC x 18
A-20G Havoc x 6
B-26B Marauder x 13

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero x 10 destroyed
A6M3 Zero x 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
F4U-1 Corsair x 1 destroyed
F4U-1 Corsair x 1 damaged
Beaufighter VIC x 2 destroyed
Beaufighter VIC x 1 damaged
A-20G Havoc x 5 destroyed
A-20G Havoc x 2 damaged
B-26B Marauder x 2 destroyed
B-26B Marauder x 14 damaged

FO W.Henderson of VMF-124 is credited with kill number 6

LCDR S. Komachi of EI-1 Daitai is KILLED

Japanese Ships
CV Hiryu
CS Chiyoda
CA Kumano
CA Takao

Attacking Level Bombers:
2 x B-26B Marauder at 10000 feet
4 x B-26B Marauder at 10000 feet
3 x B-26B Marauder at 100 feet
1 x A-20G Havoc at 100 feet
1 x A-20G Havoc at 100 feet
2 x B-26B Marauder at 100 feet

Attachments
4-29-43.gif
4-29-43.gif (29.42 KiB) Viewed 345 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigbaba
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Koblenz, Germany

RE: The cost of doing business

Post by bigbaba »

it seems that for both of you, the Ac loses were very light up to this time. a combined lose number of 700 planes in mid 1943 shows a good ressouce management of both sides.[&o]
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: The cost of doing business

Post by bigred »

4-29-43.  USN escort killed 12 CAp fighters last turn although bombers failed to score.  Note how the VPs are even except for bases and ships. I expect my ship losses to way surpass Ike in point loss. Ike has done a better job than I w/ operational losses. 300 points in this game could be the margin of victory at the end. We will see.


Image
Attachments
4-29-43.jpg
4-29-43.jpg (101.42 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: The cost of doing business

Post by Ike99 »

Another month completed. The ticking clock is starting to become a beating drum for Bired.
Bigred/I will play for a decisive victory agaist Ike99 as the allied player.

12,318-Allied points needed at present to have a major victory
7,122-Allied points they actually have.
5,196-Points short.
7-Months left in game.

Japanese Major Victory-Game result if the game ended at present.



Image
Attachments
DD.jpg
DD.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Another day at the ranch

Post by bigred »

4-30-43:  Thunderstorms 3 days in a row.  Kb has been at sea 5 days.  Oiler TF is in tow.  KB located 60 nmnorth of Buna.  Looks like tokyo express run to Lea.  Another marine para drop on Lea gives me the following look at defenses.   

Image
Attachments
4-30-43.jpg
4-30-43.jpg (111.16 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Another day at the ranch

Post by Ike99 »

Another marine para drop on Lea gives me the following look at defenses.

It would seem to me you need around 50,000 assault troops plus engineer to take Lae and I don´t think you have anything near that organized for a attack.

Lae isn´t going anywhere.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Another day at the ranch

Post by Ike99 »

Bigred pushes the border with his carrier force.


Image
Attachments
243.jpg
243.jpg (78.61 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Attention allies

Post by bigred »

If u saw this what would u think?


Image
Attachments
5-4-43.jpg
5-4-43.jpg (100.26 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Madang?

Post by Ike99 »

The Madang Death March.




Image
Attachments
hm.jpg
hm.jpg (32.36 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Hornblower
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:02 am
Location: New York'er relocated to Chicago

RE: Madang?

Post by Hornblower »

no food they will die
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: The Lost KB/supply

Post by bigred »

5-8-43: The KB has disappeared from my mini screen.  Looks to have moved to Truk for a refuel and Refit.  Could be wrong.  IJN express runs in effect to Finchaven.  The bombing campaign at Lea has  produced a 90% damage rating on the 3 rated port. Two turns ago before a thunderstorm I had a 99 damageed port at Lea.  Now it is at 90%.  Does this indicate the amount of supply available to rebuild the facility?  What is a good guess as to the garrison supply at this point?

Image
Attachments
B00062H82A..ZZZZZZZ_.gif
B00062H82A..ZZZZZZZ_.gif (100.38 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigbaba
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:12 pm
Location: Koblenz, Germany

RE: The Lost KB/supply

Post by bigbaba »

be careful about the KB, bigred. ike is a master of ship movement and can pop up with his KB right at your homes backdoor when and where you dont expect him.[;)]
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: The Lost KB/supply

Post by Ike99 »

Two turns ago before a thunderstorm I had a 99 damageed port at Lea. Now it is at 90%. Does this indicate the amount of supply available to rebuild the facility? What is a good guess as to the garrison supply at this point?


Well if the facilities damage was at 99% and now it is as ninety 2 turns later, clearly I´m not out of supply because the engineers are repairing.

Eventualy you would be able to bomb Lae out of supply (short 6 month left) but the game ends in 1944, not 1954.

[;)]

Six weeks of heavy bomber raids numbering in the hundreds and still in supply. That deserves a...

BANZAI!!!
BANZAI!!!
BANZAI!!!
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: The Lost KB/supply

Post by Ike99 »

Two turns ago before a thunderstorm I had a 99 damageed port at Lea. Now it is at 90%


Image
Attachments
redzb.jpg
redzb.jpg (50.51 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

Army Situation

Post by Ike99 »

The Japanese Army is virtually intact. I question Bigreds ability to destroy it in just 6 months.



Image
Attachments
BR123.jpg
BR123.jpg (60.35 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Army Situation

Post by Ike99 »

[8D]


Image
Attachments
yoda2.jpg
yoda2.jpg (27.88 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Lost KB

Post by bigred »

Where is the KB? The trans and barges appear to be moving supply and or troops to fredrickshaven. As I watched the replay it seems every 3rd ijn ship is hit w/ a search bomb. I noted most of my 2e and 4e all have a 30% search command. Experience level is moving into the 90 range for most bombers. Allies did sink a DD two turns ago w/ a search mission.. I thought that was funny. I am confused about the reason Ike has moved multiple CA units into the Coral Sea. Probably safer than sitting in port.

Image
Attachments
5-9-43.jpg
5-9-43.jpg (100.05 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Recon at Lea

Post by bigred »

Date 5-10-43:  Recon by Para drop at Lea to see the effect of 15 days of bombing.


Image
Attachments
5-10-43.jpg
5-10-43.jpg (106.17 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Beer for my Horses

Post by bigred »

How about those B17s Ike99.  The b17 is my horse.  This is the song.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZUHFuklo8




Image
Attachments
B0006OF2YY..ZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B0006OF2YY..ZZZZZZZ_.jpg (29.3 KiB) Viewed 344 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: Beer for my Horses

Post by Ike99 »

How about those B17s Ike99. The b17 is my horse. This is the song.

Sorry Bigred. Your going to have to type the lyrics. This USA propaganda is not allowed here.

[X(]

[:D]


Image
Attachments
pais.jpg
pais.jpg (13.24 KiB) Viewed 344 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”