That's wonderful! You just showed me a way to attack without fear of hitting those nasty ports stacked with fighters. Very nice. Thanks
Just make sure the leader is a "nerd" and not Samurai. [:D]
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
That's wonderful! You just showed me a way to attack without fear of hitting those nasty ports stacked with fighters. Very nice. Thanks
[/center]ORIGINAL: bklooste
IMHO it depends... Warships would have alerted the allies but not merchant ships ( or converted ones) since Japan was one of the largest merchant marines , even 20 of these could go with no issues to Singapore or Batavia . I would even say NOT sending merchant ships would arouse more suspicions.
I could be wrong but I dont think this is true at all with the exception of tankers. There were large amounts of rubber picked up i believe and negotiations were still going on which most people believed would be successfull. The US intelligence knew on the 6th but i very much doubt it would be passed on to the dutch and the other US services ( ie the fleet in PH didnt get it) . Merchant navies dont stop at the threat of war only when shots get fired , economies need the goods to keep running. And it wouldnt be hard for merchant ships to have a legitimate reason just arange to pick up some goods at 25% over the price , im sure the DEI will supply some Urgent rubber because the british wont its easy to have a legitimate excuse for a few merchantsORIGINAL: Q-Ball
ORIGINAL: bklooste
IMHO it depends... Warships would have alerted the allies but not merchant ships ( or converted ones) since Japan was one of the largest merchant marines , even 20 of these could go with no issues to Singapore or Batavia . I would even say NOT sending merchant ships would arouse more suspicions.
I personally think a deep move into the DEI by Japan is gamey, and I do think that any Japanese merchant movements would have aroused suspicion.
First, the Pacific in early December was quite empty of routine merchant traffic, because war seemed imminent.
ORIGINAL: bklooste
.. moving units out of Japanese reach , sending subs to see but what do i see a stack of subs sitting in Manilla on Dec 7 , Why weren't the planes at Clarke moved further South , why didnt they reinforce or Abandon the PI etc.
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
The 4 Division has been sitting in Osaka since the start of the war. I'm going to push them to Formosa by fast xAP (man do I love those things!) by transport TF then reload them on xAKs as an amphibious TF
ORIGINAL: vlcz
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
The 4 Division has been sitting in Osaka since the start of the war. I'm going to push them to Formosa by fast xAP (man do I love those things!) by transport TF then reload them on xAKs as an amphibious TF
Is there any reason that compensates for the 6 days delay packing/unpacking? At first sight it seems better using only amphs as japan as long as they get the bonus
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Six days? The most I've seen was 1-2 days to pack or unpack
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
The 4 Div was already in strat mode because I had planned to move it by transport TF

[/center]
My goodness! That's a lot of combat ships nailed by IJN submarines in a very short period of time!ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Here's some info. It seems that my subs have been doing an outstanding job. Maybe too good?
![]()
