Disregard...
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
What were we talking about again......
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
Well, the salons of Paris
Swelled with revolutionary sympathies,
And war had faded into
A not-so-threatening memory.
So, Boney found it easy to disturb
Their intellectual reverie
And talk them into believing
That the state was he.
Do you think anyone remembers us from the boulevard
Where we braved that whiff of grapeshot
Coming down from the Tuileries?
And swore to each other
We'd live our lives in total disregard
Of the dangers that come with being truly free.
Forget I said that...
Swelled with revolutionary sympathies,
And war had faded into
A not-so-threatening memory.
So, Boney found it easy to disturb
Their intellectual reverie
And talk them into believing
That the state was he.
Do you think anyone remembers us from the boulevard
Where we braved that whiff of grapeshot
Coming down from the Tuileries?
And swore to each other
We'd live our lives in total disregard
Of the dangers that come with being truly free.
Forget I said that...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
RE: Disregard...
Disregard this.[:D][:D]
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?
[center]
[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
[center]
[/center][center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
Well, the salons of Paris
Swelled with revolutionary sympathies,
And war had faded into
A not-so-threatening memory.
So, Boney found it easy to disturb
Their intellectual reverie
And talk them into believing
That the state was he.
Do you think anyone remembers us from the boulevard
Where we braved that whiff of grapeshot
Coming down from the Tuileries?
And swore to each other
We'd live our lives in total disregard
Of the dangers that come with being truly free.
Forget I said that...
Is that yours Pasternakski, or a quote from something else?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
It's from one of my forgettable songs that ought to be disregarded.ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
Is that yours Pasternakski, or a quote from something else?
It draws a parallel from Napoleon, Lenin, and Martin Luther King by the time I'm done performing it and look up to see that my audience has become completely disgusted and left.
Never mind.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
I find the quote you used interesting.
I have always found it interesting that the French went monarchy to revolutionary committee to emperor.
I have always found it interesting that the French went monarchy to revolutionary committee to emperor.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
And then back to monarchy.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: Disregard...
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
Steve. This is the disregard thread. You gotta stop rememberin' stuff. Me, I'm almost 60 and don't have a memory anymore, so I don't have that problem.
Unnamed poster: "Hey, Pas, how much memory you got on your computer?"
Pas: "I got a computer?"
With recent studies suggesting that our memory isn't really affected by age - it's just that the older you get the more crap you have to sift through to bring back that particular memory - those of us WITPers are probably in worse shape than most since we all have so much in the way of esoteric crap filed into our memories...
"Honey, did you mail the insurance payment?"
"Yes, dear, I shipped it off to Noumea yesterday."
"You shipped it where????"
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
Are you suggestin' that us older WitPers are a bunch of crapheads?ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
With recent studies suggesting that our memory isn't really affected by age - it's just that the older you get the more crap you have to sift through to bring back that particular memory - those of us WITPers are probably in worse shape than most since we all have so much in the way of esoteric crap filed into our memories...
"Honey, did you mail the insurance payment?"
"Yes, dear, I shipped it off to Noumea yesterday."
"You shipped it where????"
Can't say I disagree...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
In a Manila envelope?ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
In a Manila envelope?ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
Won't it go someplace else then?[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
Probably get Shanghaied.ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
In a Manila envelope?ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
Won't it go someplace else then?[:D]
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
Might it end up on a slow boat to China?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
We Hope not.ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
Unless it finds itself on the road to Mandalay...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Disregard...
Might not be so bad if it ended up on the Road to Singapore...........
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
I guess it's just a Crosby you have to bear.ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
Might not be so bad if it ended up on the Road to Singapore...........
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
RE: Disregard...
ORIGINAL: pasternakski
I guess it's just a Crosby you have to bear.ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
Might not be so bad if it ended up on the Road to Singapore...........
i HOPE not... [:'(]
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: Disregard...
bob ... Bob ... BOB ... I already used that one, but I won't mention it, 'cause I'm Bing tolerant these days...ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
i HOPE not... [:'(]
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.



